Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Think Its Too Early To Put Up Your Xmas tree??*UPDATED*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Do You Think Its Too Early To Put Up Your Xmas tree??

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

*Its an artificial tree. So no need for watering. :) And its not in front of a window so no one but me and my sister can see it. LOL! :)

babies
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jguevara
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM

No, I love Christmas! The earlier the better. Merry Christmas. Lol.

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM

For me it is but to each their own.

livingrlovesong
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I usually don't until after Thanksgiving. But thats just me 

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy

Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

ArmyWifey4907
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:23 PM

This will be DH and my first real Christmas together (1st yr together we couldn't afford a tree, 2nd yr together he was deployed, 3rd yr together again we couldn't afford it), so we still need to buy a tree (we'll do that this weekend I think).  But I'm planning to put it up the day after Thanksgiving.  It's when my mom puts hers up and that's just what I'm used to, so I think that's what we'll do.  We weren't planning to get a tree because we were going to make the 1200 mile drive home, but now we're not so DH said I can get a tree.

pregnancy calendar

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I had all of my Christmas stuff up by this time last year! I think I'll do it this week or next...We are never even in town for Thanksgiving anyway.

Hanaas_mommy
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

my older daughter asked me today if she could put up the tree. I told her no it was to early still. After Thanksgiving is early enough.

gogetem
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

For me, it's too early. Wouldn't want the excitement to wear off before Christmas.

I always decorate Thanksgiving weekend.

jazzyandpat
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM

for me yes. give it a week or 2 and i will put mine up...

i did see ppl this weekend put their out side stuff up.. only becuase it was so nice out.. we was in the lower 70's and we should be only in the 40-50's.

ZoeCY
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

For us it is because we do a real tree.  Also I don't like that poor Thanksgiving just gets overlooked by everyone.  If I did a fake tree I would do it the day after Thanksgiving.

Mandipants
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

To each their own! I am decorating early this year because SD has to go with BM for the first part of her break. BM never can seem to get a tree or make Christmas special, so I try to provide SD with that warm coziness at home before she goes. She LOVES christmas time with all the lights, good smells and cheer that goes along with it :) Plus I love it so I figure the more time the merrier!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)