Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need some support & to vent.. :\

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

I told myself I wouldn't do this, but I am totally freaking out that I am pregnant right now.  I am two weeks late, which didn't even occur to me until last night --so it isn't as if I'm late due to worry or stress.  I'm just 2 weeks late --well, technically tomorrow will be two weeks.

So, naturally I told my fiance (whom I already have three children with) & told him my concerns. ---our children are 3, 2, and 4 months old. We are absolutely over-loaded with children as is & idk what I'm going to do if I'm about to have a 4th.  --of course, I'd keep it -that's not what I mean.. I mean, financially & emotionally.  

Well, our conversation basically consisted of him telling me that I'm a hypocondriact & that I am being dramatic. But i've been quite regular & suddenly I'm two weeks late -exhausted all the time (which I didnt take into account until last night either) -and I've been bloated for the past week, assuming that my period will arrive at any time. I am SO Not being dramatic. I was hurt. All I wanted was for him to say, "if you are, we will handle it."  That is all. But instead he made an ass out of me.

Today I'm feeling really tired. I threw up this AM. And so, my hunch that I may be pregnant is increasing to reality.  I cried twice.  Once while watching Oprah -hormones, I guess.  So, I decided that I need a test.  I called my fiance & asked him to pick one up on his way from work. And he got angry. Saying that he "knows" that I'm not pregnant & if the results come back negative that he's going to be "pissed".  (i don't mean to bash him because he is typically pretty understanding... but he is NOT budging on this -probably bc denial is bliss for him) 

Am I on BC ?  no. Because we haven't been able to afford it & my fiance is so confident in his ability to "pull out" that he doesn't believe we need to fit it into our budget.. we don't argue ENOUGH about this issue. I seriously just got off the phone with the Dr's office last week about getting family planning to help me afford it.  My appointment is later this week. So IF i'm not pregnant.. I'm (hopefully) about to get BC.

I just really needed to vent about this. So thank you for listening.  I have three small children that I stay home with everyday & I was so looking forward to going back to work within 4 years. And now it's looks like it'll be at least 5. IDK & a part of me feels so alone & afraid. I just pray that everything works out fine in the long run -no matter what!  I really did want another child... but not until I was already working again.. ughh.. Thanks again. :)

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sexeegyrl
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I"m sorry you are going through this right now. If it makes you feel any better after baby your period can be so sporadic. If you are breastfeeding your period will never be normal while nursing. Given the symptoms though I would think you are too. All I can say, is your husband probably doesn't 'believe' you because it's so soon! I got pregnant again when my son was 6 weeks old and you talk about trying to convince someone!!! My husband (although supportive) did not believe me, until I took him to the Dr's with me! God has a plan for you and follow his plan but be make wise decisions. Good luck!

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child"

"While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." ~Amy Spangler

Jenn8604
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Well if you are pregnant than hopefully your SO will believe you before too long.  If not, good luck with finding a good dr. to help with family planning.

Chrisitan, keep your state out of my religion, breastfeeding, cloth diaper using, co-sleeping, midnights working, full time student, single mom who loves her baby so so much.

tulks
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hi!

I just wanted to say that there is this program called PINK CARD .You can get it from Planned Parenthood. You just need to fill in like 2-3 documents and you are qualified! Also,planned parenthood http://www.plannedparenthood.org/  works with you and has more affordable pregnancy prevention. The Pink Card gives services and pills for free.

If you are pregnant,then good luck to you and your family! Think positive!

LovesPinkk
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thank you every one for positive replies! you never know what you're going to get when you post on here! :)  Unfortunately, my fiance "forgot" to buy a test on his way home last night -but I am waiting for my BFF to get here so that I can go run and get one myself.  

OH -And if I'm not, I will be looking into the Pink Card! Thank you SO much!  

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)