Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is getting old...FAST-long

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

ok so i guess they are working on the towns water. about 4 months ago we got a notice saying the water didnt pass inspection and they were advicing us not to drink it (it looked clean-which i know doesnt mean anything. but it wasnt a abnormal color for water. it looked normal).

well we never heard anything after that until one day we have no water! i freaked out because we were late on paying it and i assumed they shut it off for lack of payment! well come to find out they were just working on it, and it was turned back on later that day! (why didnt they have it noted on a bill, or why didnt they hand out notices instead of leaving everyone in the dark about why we didnt have water?!)

well the way we found out that it was them working on it, and not due to lack of payment was we seen it posted at the only gas station in town. it wasnt posted there earlier that morning though. it was like they posted it right before they turned it off! and it said it would be turned off that day, and they wasnt sure around what time theyd have it back on by.

ok so it finally got turned back on around 5 that evening. then was turned off again the next day. this time i KNOW it isnt due to lack of payment because i just went to pay it! and it wasnt posted at the gas station this time, and the notice from the previous day wasnt there anymore either. again, around 5 it gets turned back on. then the next day i was gone so im not sure if it was turned off. but the following day, yet again its off!

now about every few days it gets turned off. and the past few times its been messing with our toilet! filling itself with nasty yellowish brown water! (gross!) i assume that it fills itself because we dont notice the water is turned off until we try to flush. so it takes the only water thats in the tank to refill the bowel. then i guess when they turn the water back on, it refills the tank.

well today idk what the heck happened with it, but it was turned off again and then when they turn it back on, my toilet starts making this hissing, loud noise! i run in there to see whats going on and i lift the tank lid and get sprayed in the eye with grayish black water! DISGUSTING-my eye still burns a little!! i hurry to put the lid back on and think fast trying to figure out why the toilet is doing that. water is now pouring out of the tank all over my floor! so me, being the clueless person i am (plumbing, toilets, etc. i dont know anything about! dont know what parts are where, nor would i know what would be abnormal by looking at it) i decide to just turn off the water vovel to the toilet (and i only knew where/what that is because its right behind the toilet). then i take the lid back off and see that a hose in the toilet came loose (this was pretty obvious that it wasnt normal!), i guess from the preasure of the water being turned back on. so i put it back on nice and tight (its on there snug), then turn the water back on. stupid me, didnt put the lid back on and again....the hose comes flying off and water is flying everywhere and i get sprayed in the eye...again! i know its not just my toilet, or the hose being loose because it fits real snug. so now i have the water turned back off until SO gets home, because idk what to do with it

i turn on the sink water and hear the same loud hissing noise that the toilet did. but no water is coming out. so i leave it running for a minute (on low. i dont have it turned on full blast), then it spits out that same grayish nasty water, then a big air bubble, then water, that appears to be clean (or atleast not yellow, brown, or black). but its coming out hard! like a hard water facet outside or something! and its still making that loud annoying noise!

ugh! i wish they would let us know when they are going to be working on the water instead of just letting us find out because we flush and realize that water isnt filling the tank! atleast if we knew itd be shut off, id avoid using the toilet around that time, so i didnt have the problems with my toilet spitting in my eyes once they turn it back on!!

i wipped my eye out really well but im too afraid to go try to wash it with water. everytime i turn the water on, it spits out nasty colored water for a minute before its clear again. plus that if i stick my hand under the running water, it feels like its being beaten...thats how hard its flowing. which i dont understand what that has to do with them working on it...but it has to be from them. because it never acts this way any other time!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
prestonjohn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

sounds like there are some issues they are trying to figure out,,and the water pressure is up real high,,could be they are tryign to flush the lines

miss_hughes
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM

idk what it is. i just wish they would inform us of whats going on! we dont even have a water building in town. like where i can go down and talk to them to ask. to pay the bill we can either send them a check, which goes to another town. or i can go down to the police station and give them my bill, and payment, and they take care of it. thats how small our town is. its the same with our other utilities.

so i just wish we were clued in. its a little annoying not knowing yet we pay them and everything. i guess i just feel like the least they could do is have a notice on everyones bills or something or a flyer tapped to our door (like they did when our water didnt pass inspection) to let us know.

Quoting prestonjohn:

sounds like there are some issues they are trying to figure out,,and the water pressure is up real high,,could be they are tryign to flush the lines

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)