Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

secretly wishing...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

I find myself sometimes secretly wishing that " something "  would happen to me so somebody would have to worry about me. Not something completely horrible....just enough so I would be the one that needed to be taken care of and for people to notice me ...am I the only one thats thought like this? lol

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandneweyes
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Eh, not really. But sometimes I enjoy being sick because I get to lay in bed and be lazy all day and have hubby wait on me, lol. Does that count?

MissLeeAnne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

LOL no.  I feel like i'm always making sure that everything is taken care of that it would be nice to be taken care of every once in a while.

~*Lee Anne*~

baby gift

kn92706
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

yeah i would say that counts...lol....i guess thats pretty much what i was getting at :)

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I'm certain you have people who care about you. Sadly, family tends to ignore or be kind until something happens.

swizzlefiz
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Hell no I don't wish that b/c I KNOW that even if something happened ... I'd still be busting my butt to please everyone.  Less than an hour after my D&C for a miscarriage I was making dinner for my DD.  Be careful what you wish for :)

marshaam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Hell no I don't wish that b/c I KNOW that even if something happened ... I'd still be busting my butt to please everyone.  Less than an hour after my D&C for a miscarriage I was making dinner for my DD.  Be careful what you wish for :)

Geez... that's terrible.  I would have went through the drive thru or something.  I'm sorry for your loss.

sleveric
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:36 AM

It sounds like you are suffering from depression.   You might want to talk  to someone about it.

themountainmama
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Quoting sleveric:

It sounds like you are suffering from depression.   You might want to talk  to someone about it.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

NO I can not say that I think like that. I am the only one that does take care of the stuff around here sick or injured. I had to have my ACL ligement repaired and I only had help for the first day after my surgery from my MIL since SO was working in the bush. I am sure that my MIL would have helped me more had I asked but I am not one that really asks for help either. I really do not like somebody taking pity on me because I am hurt. I think that mabey you are having feelings of being overwhelmed and you want help but feel the only way you will get it is if you are sick or injured. That is not good you need to talk to your family and get the help you need now instead of wishing you will get hurt or sick so you can have help or have attention paid to you. What is that old saying . BECAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

dosthepost
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM

LOL that doesn't work for me. Usually if I'm sick everyone else is sick too, so I have to take care of everyone anyway. No down time for mommy. Oh well, it's okay. I might find it bothersome at that moment, but in the end I'm just happy to keep my family safe and healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)