Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sould i get my son the Swine Flu shot??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

**NO BASHING PLEASE***

I have a 2 year old son about to be 3 and my step mother is driving me up the wall to get my son the swine flu shot ASAP! She has neighbors that are nurses and they are tellin my SM that kids are dying from the flu and stuff. me and my DH dont like getting the shots because u get the shot u get the flu.... its been true for everyone i have known. so now here is this SWINE crap and i am being yelled at and forced to go get my son this SwFlue shot??!! Do i need to get him the shot?? I feel as if ppl are over reacting!

kissing                    toddler boy

MOMMY & DADDY     &       OUR SON "AYDEN"

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CODYSMOM_00
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM

nobody in my house will be getting it.

Mommi2Kailee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Not getting it for DD and she is 18 months. She is beyond healthy and has eaten her "pound of dirt" before she turned 1 lol. It's called taking care to wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough. I know 5 people who had the swine flu and sorry but they were over it just as fast as the regular flu.

If you DS has any underlying medical conditions then maybe I would think about it but if he is a happy bouncy healthy little guy I would leave well enough alone.

Jessy613
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I got it for my son, It's your preferance..But he was fine after it.

doublethejoy616
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Don't let anyone make you feel bad for what you feel is best for your family!  We all had it mainly because I work in the school system, we have two 3-year-olds in Headstart, and a 7 week old at home.  If we didn't have those factors, I probably wouldn't have chosen to get it.

AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I won't be getting it for my 2 kids. It hasn't been around long enough for me to feel comfortable about it...But, ultimately it's your choice...

Photobucket

xotee2006
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM

will not be getting it for our family.. i feel like everyone is over reacting. 

AydensMom8590
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM

See  but i work in he daycare that my son is enrolled in.... THANK GOD no one at the daycare has gotten it... but i dont know what to do... he has a sinus infection right now but is on antibiotics for it. my step mom soley thinks that the swine flu is not bad now but it will be worse later??? my DS and i will be travelin by plane the day b4 thanksgivving and my mom says to get him the shot but i dont know.... any more suggestions based off this tid bit of more info???

kissing                    toddler boy

MOMMY & DADDY     &       OUR SON "AYDEN"

Mommi2Kailee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM

exactly ... it is being over diagnosed its out of control.

Quoting xotee2006:

will not be getting it for our family.. i feel like everyone is over reacting. 

Mommi2Kailee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM

if you keep DS relatively clean and make sure he eats well and gets his rest I am sure you should be fine. DD stays home with mommy and is not introduced to a lot of new things but when she is I don't worry about it. Let your immune system encounter new things and it will learn to fight it off. It is just like in school. When you started you got sick but then being in the same classes for years with the same people you get use to their germs.

Everyone is being so crazy buying too many wipes and gels. If you make yourself into a clean room you are GOING TO GET SICK. If you disable your immune system by getting rid of the normal everyday germs then you are going to hurt instead of helping.

Just my opinion but I hope it helps. DD has never been sick ... not a cough or runny nose. There we no vaccines before and people are living so I think we can keep on living.

What worries me more is the number of people who have died due to complications from the vaccine. Those numbers are starting to outweigh the number of fatalities due to the actual flu.

Quoting AydensMom8590:

See  but i work in he daycare that my son is enrolled in.... THANK GOD no one at the daycare has gotten it... but i dont know what to do... he has a sinus infection right now but is on antibiotics for it. my step mom soley thinks that the swine flu is not bad now but it will be worse later??? my DS and i will be travelin by plane the day b4 thanksgivving and my mom says to get him the shot but i dont know.... any more suggestions based off this tid bit of more info???

SadieLynn22
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM

we arent getting it... I just found out Im pregnant... my husband just got over swine flu too... our son has vaccine reactions... its not safe for him..
Boost your sons immune system... give him airbourne, vit c... emergenC... all that stuff... make syre he gets plenty of rest, drinks plenty of water and uses proper hygeine.
We are almost over this swine flu hump... then the seasonal flu will set in... flu is the flu... nothin to worry about unless you dont take care of yourself.
HUGS to you... my last bit of advice do what is best for you and your son.
Go to a naturepathic doc and talk to him/her about the risks and benefits... dont listen to a ped or a reg md... they are driven by the cdc fda and the aap... take care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)