Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Older toddler/preschooler board game

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son is 2 and last night we played candy land.  He loved it and did a great job!  I love that it's actually getting him interested in colors which he has shown NO interest in learning in the past.  He does love matching though so today I bought him Uno Moo.  Let me tell you, this is one AWESOME game!  It's basically like uno but with little animals instead of the cards and you match the color or the animal.  Instead of matching the top card you match the animal that is in the barn door.  The animal in the barn door is pushed back into the barn and replaced by the new one.  We have played this game three times in a row and he's asking to play it again!  So yeah, GREAT Christmas gift for toddlers/preschoolers!

Any board games your kids this age love?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcrunion73
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM

hi-ho cherry-o as long as they're not going to eat the cherries :)

my 2 year old has no interest in board games except for sweeping everything off of them.  my 5 year old, though, LOVES uno!

mandykaye28
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM

That sounds like a wonderful game! My little ones a 9,5, and 3 but they really love the game Sorry and Sorry Sliders. We also love Connect Four. I hear Pictureka is fun has anyone played that yet ? I was thinking of buying it for Christmas!

Let me show you how to work from home!

synaura.mandy@gmail.com

butterfly

themountainmama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Chutes and Ladders

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

kcrunion73
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:57 PM

dizzy dizzy dinosaur

don't wake daddy

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Quoting kcrunion73:

hi-ho cherry-o as long as they're not going to eat the cherries :)

my 2 year old has no interest in board games except for sweeping everything off of them.  my 5 year old, though, LOVES uno!

We had hi ho cherry o when I was a kid and we thought it was the greatest! Just keep an eye on him cuz the pieces are small. 

luckycalifornia
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 5:22 PM

OMIGOD! I LOVED dizzy dizzy dinosaur!  I didn't know they still had it!

Quoting kcrunion73:

dizzy dizzy dinosaur

don't wake daddy

mcquistionmom2
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 5:28 PM

My boys love Candy Land and Hi Ho Cherry Oh! Logan wants the Candy Land Castle game for Christmas and Joey wants Chutes & Ladders. I am planning to buy the Monoply My Town game too...Joey has taken an interest in our Wii Monoply game so I thought that I would buy the actual game for him but they are too young for the regular version so this My Town version is ages 4+ which is perfect!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mhmomma
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM

My kids, 3 and 6, love these games.  Also any memory game.  There is also a game Green Eggs and Ham.....what a funny game.  It is not a sit down game.  Kids have to listen to menu and fill plates quickly...funny funny funny.

Quoting themountainmama:

Chutes and Ladders

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

lilliputiansmom
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:32 AM

I was wondering about Candy Land for our toddler but was unsure she'd understand it. Now I think we'll get it for Christmas.  I was concidering Memory for her. I figured we'd start out using just a few matches at a time.

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:38 AM

My kids like the games mentioned above, too!

Here are a few others that are fun for little ones... 

Trouble, Elefun and Wack-a-Mole.

Games like Monopoly Jr and Scrabble Jr are also fun for little ones.

have a nice day

Robin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)