Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

i am currently 35 weeks due at 39 weeks due to c-section. Ur fluid levels should be at 20 i am at 25. I am so big i cant even breathe when i do anything. I have a sinus cold which doesnt help but i cant even get dressed without having diffculties breathing. everyone says its normal but i dont think so. I cant bend down to pick up anygthing, its getting diffcult to clean, its getting so bad i get light headed, i have been getting sharp pains in my crotch that goes away and also pain in my ribs. I get upper back pain but no lower back pain yet. Here i will give u an example of how big i am . Its been a month since i have been able to shave my legs! anyone got any advice on how to convice them to deliver early or something i can do to help myslef breathe?

Look at her smile and just keep smiling!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

sorry, i'm no help...  my fluid was at a 6-7  ..almost too low.  5-25 is normal tho, from what i remember.  here's a bump!!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Unfortunately, it is normal.....I just had my 5th baby 10 months age, and all you described, reminded me of my last month of pregnancy...YOU are so uncomfortable!  But it will end!! You will NOT be pregnant forever....If you have a Dr. that's not going to induce you sooner, well then I believe you should just trust the Dr.  Don's even try to bend over!  Screw your legs....the hair will stay!  Unless, you have a spouse that can help you with that.  My advice is to sit....relax.   Good luck! good luck

"It's a mom thing"simple smile

That actually sounds like I was toward the end, even the sharp pains in the crotch. I wasn't all that big (DD was stretched sideways) but i was that uncomfortable!

I dunno what to say, mama. I ended up being 10 days early. Hang in there. 4 weeks seems like forever, but you can do it. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Everything you are describing is completely normal for the last few weeks of pregnancy. It doesn't get easier.

The breathing difficulty is because your baby is pushing all those organs up and out of the way, taking up more space and making it hard for your lungs to contract. You can attempt to do deep breathing exercises while laying down.

As for shaving --- completely normal. Even if you could bend, you can't see...

Not much longer. Big hugs to help you through the rough days.

by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I tried having delivery early but my doc said no.  OBs will only deliver early if the child is 2 weeks past the due date.  I deliverd 4 days earlier anyway, most likely that will happen to you too, or even earlier.  Have you mentioned your pregnancy issues with your OB?  She might tell you to do deep breathing exercises..

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Kick your feet up & relax! You don't have much longer!! ;)

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:03 PM

sorry, unless your blood pressure goes up or something they probably wont change the C-Section date. Now if you start having contractions in a couple of weeks and express concern about going into labor before your scheduled C-Section... they MIGHT move it up a week if your C-Section is for a medical reason and not just your second C-Section.

I'm Aubree (or Bree), I'm a 21 year old, formula feeding, non-circumcising,  non-vaccinating, occasionally co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, brutally honest, thinks children can call their step-parent "mommy" or "daddy" if that's what they choose, wife to Andy since 04/07, mommy to Delilah Renee since 12/07, Mommy to Elliot Jay since 08/09, and step-mommy to Brookelyn Lucille (born 09/05).

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM

You mean amniotic fluids?  You are measuring too much?  If so, I'd ask your doc.  I had severe polyhydramnious, too much fluid.  My dd was a very, very sick baby.  If you are measuring too big, I'd ask to go in once a week to measure.  I wish I had.  It might have a made a difference.  Good luck.   

by Jenny on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:51 PM

my fluid level was 28 i had gestational diabetes the dr say that was why .... i couldent breathe either but they were not concerned enough to induce me i had a ceaser at 40 weeks 2 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)