Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

G.E.D test

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

I didnt graduate high school. I really want to take this test before my new baby is born because after i have her I can go out and get a better job at the hospital with my mom. But im so nervous to take it. Its $120 and $60 a section to retake if you failed. I would hate to pay that money and then fail it. Anyone take this test? Did you pass or fail? And was it hard? Any advice? Im calling tomorrow to reserve a seat to take the test.

by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytotaylor
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:54 PM

i am with you on this one, i wanna so badly take the test but scared i will fail it, GL to you

dannierae
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:56 PM

i used a sparks notes ged practice test to study for it....no its not hard...very basic.

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I was terrified to take mine I had been out of school for over a year and thought I was destined to fail.   It was soooooo EASY!!!   I breezed through it in about half the time they give you.   It's so common sence I was kinda pissed I bothered with high school since anymore a GED is just as good.    You both should do it it's so worth it!!

rileysmomma17
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Quoting dannierae:

i used a sparks notes ged practice test to study for it....no its not hard...very basic.

Was the practice test your talking about online? Im looking at there website but i dont see a prep test for the ged.

dannierae
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM

no i bought it at barnes and noble but you can get it on amazon cheap.

Quoting rileysmomma17:

Quoting dannierae:

Was the practice test your talking about online? Im looking at there website but i dont see a prep test for the ged.

starryeyez23
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I took it...i passed with really high scores and thought it was really easy.it was mostly common sense

toomanypoodles
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Unless you're as dumb as dirt you'll pass it.  It was laughably simple.  Don't sweat it.   

gabriiellax0
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM

im actually going right now for GED classes and will be taking my test in the beginnig of december .. i live in jersey and there's a church or something that gives the classes for free at night at a local high school .. i havent taken it yet but if you have not been in school for a few years i would suggest getting a GED book .. and 120 dollars for the test and 60 for the retest ?!! thats crazy! .. her its 50 for the test and 10 for each subject you have to retest in .. the test isnt hard it mostly multiple question except for the writing essay part .. its not hard

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I have heard, its hard but they have prep classes you can take before hand and prep test to see how well you might do on the actual test. 

night.magic
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Thanks for posting this. I am tyring to encourage my husband to get his GED. after a serious wreck that has left him partially disabled. He needs to do this, his job options are limited. He dropped out of school in 10th grade, many years ago. This post has been helpful.

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.  ~Bruce Crampton

Pink and Yellow ButterflyPurple and Yellow Butterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)