Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so mad!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay so I am freaking out.  My BF and I broke up right before I had my DD.  She is currently 5 weeks old.  He has taken her the last three Tuesday's over night.  Well the last two Tuesday's he has had her he has complained about her not sleeping at all.  So I just got up to feed her and got in her diaper bag to get her A & D and noticed that the tylenol I keep in her bag was open - I have never given her Tylenol.  No big deal.  Well then I see that 1/4 of the bottle is gone.  So I am like WTF?  So I text my ex and ask why did you give Ava Tylenol to which he responds I just gave it to her a few times because she wouldn't quit crying.

Seriously...so there is NOTHING wrong with her but you are shoving Tylenol down her throat.  Ugh.  I know this isn't the end of the world and that she will be fine, but it pisses me off..  He is a first time dad, but he lives with his mom right now so there is no reason for stupid crap like that.  I tell him how to get her to quit crying and he just does whatever he feels like doing.  He doesn't listen to anything I say.  He can't comprehend that I am with her 6 days a week and I know what she needs.  He can't understand that she isn't comforted by him because he only sees her 12 hours a week.  Most of which she is sleeping.  (And that is his choice.  We have no court order allowing him to only see her once a week.)

Okay I guess that is enough of a rant for 130am

Are you a single woman and a single mom?  If so please join our group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/singleallthewayaround

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stacyemmy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM

I wouldnt send the tylenol anymore..plain and simple..wtf is he thinking? how often was he giving it for that much to be gone? I flipped out when my fiance overfed my dd when he took her overnight for the first time (she was about 6 weeks old then).He didnt realize that she would eat more cuz of the bottle being easier to get milk out of  (I breastfed her)

pregnant

baby

natalies_mama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM

what in the hell was he thinking?!  i would be furious!!!  i probably wouldn't pack tylenol anymore... i might even hold off on him taking her for a couple weeks.  i wouldn't be able to trust him or feel comfortable with her going over there if he's going to pull crap like that.  imo

kngarber
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Okay I am releived that you girls agree.  I was afraid someone was going to freak out on me and say I was being over dramatic.  I have no idea how often he gave it to her because he stopped texting me back.   Because that is what he does.  When I get mad at him he just ignores me.  I will not be packing the tylenol anymore.  I really don't want to send her if he is doing crap like that, but I don't want to keep her from him, but my God if he can't listen to me then what am I supposed to do.  This is something so simple...so what happens if she is sick and needs medicine?  I mean how much will he give her...or when she is teething.  There is nothing wrong with her and he can't handle her...ugh. 

kngarber
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Oh overfeeding is a big issue for us too.  Everytime she makes a noise he is shoving a bottle in her mouth.  HELLO...not every cry means feed me.  I mean she could have ate an entire bottle 15 minutes before and if she cries he is instatnly trying to feed her again.  And I understand this is his first baby, but like I said he doesn't listen when I tell him things so it pisses me off.  Then he can't understand why she throws up all over him...

Quoting stacyemmy:

I wouldnt send the tylenol anymore..plain and simple..wtf is he thinking? how often was he giving it for that much to be gone? I flipped out when my fiance overfed my dd when he took her overnight for the first time (she was about 6 weeks old then).He didnt realize that she would eat more cuz of the bottle being easier to get milk out of  (I breastfed her)

natalies_mama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:22 AM

imo... he put your daughter in harm's way.  only he knows how often he gave it to her.  but that is still very irresponsible of him!  AND selfish.  she was obviously crying for a reason... not just to have tylenol shoved down her throat!!  does he not realize that too much of that can hurt her?!?!?!?  does he even care??  i couldn't trust him after that.  no way no how would he be getting my baby, hah.. not until he could prove to me that he can handle it.  that's just unacceptable.  i might sound too harsh... but that's your baby!!  mama bear mode kicks in... hah

Quoting kngarber:

Okay I am releived that you girls agree.  I was afraid someone was going to freak out on me and say I was being over dramatic.  I have no idea how often he gave it to her because he stopped texting me back.   Because that is what he does.  When I get mad at him he just ignores me.  I will not be packing the tylenol anymore.  I really don't want to send her if he is doing crap like that, but I don't want to keep her from him, but my God if he can't listen to me then what am I supposed to do.  This is something so simple...so what happens if she is sick and needs medicine?  I mean how much will he give her...or when she is teething.  There is nothing wrong with her and he can't handle her...ugh. 

AngelaP.
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM

That is to much for such a young baby. Just let him come over and see her. It seems he can't be trusted. I let my son go with his father once... My son hasn't exactly been the same since, he seems to be a lot more insecure. Tell him to come over, or meet him somewhere so he can see her. Get your baby used to him first.

babie113
by Jenny on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:35 AM

my dh does that and out son is 4 months now

i would have been mad about the tylenol too i mean if he gives her too much it can cause problems

Quoting kngarber:

Oh overfeeding is a big issue for us too.  Everytime she makes a noise he is shoving a bottle in her mouth.  HELLO...not every cry means feed me.  I mean she could have ate an entire bottle 15 minutes before and if she cries he is instatnly trying to feed her again.  And I understand this is his first baby, but like I said he doesn't listen when I tell him things so it pisses me off.  Then he can't understand why she throws up all over him...

Quoting stacyemmy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)