Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you send him?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM
  • 43 Replies

Ok my son woke up at 4:00am, this morning vommiting not to much three seperate times but small amounts. Now he says he feels better and wants to go to daycare. He has no fever and he wants to eat know and keeps telling me he misses his freinds. Would you send him or just keep him home?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellw
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM

i am a daycareprovider my self. i would say to feed him and if he can keep it down then send him. have a backup plan for today if daycare calls to have him picked up though.

Brenna
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I would not send him.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:17 AM

No way.  Kids have, (should), be fever free and not vomited for at least 24 hours before returning to school or daycare.  I would be furious if a kid went to school or daycare just hours from vomiting. 

rachellw
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM

if he has no fever he may have just had something on his stomach that needed to get out.  like i said i am a provider and know that is the case sometimes. just have a back up plan if he needs to be picked up.

alt075
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Wow, I can't believe you told her to send him. I've worked in daycare for over 10 years and the rule is he needs to go 24 hours without vomiting. You don't know for sure he is over whatever is going on and you don't want to get the other children sick. If you need to have a back up just in case then it's better to keep them home.

Quoting rachellw:

i am a daycareprovider my self. i would say to feed him and if he can keep it down then send him. have a backup plan for today if daycare calls to have him picked up though.

MommyToTwo0408
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I'd keep him home for sure, if he does't vomit rest of the day and has no other symptoms (fever, etc), send him tomorrow. 

Lilypie - (XW6N)Lilypie - (8QxE)

Lilypie - (c5cM)preview image

ksuchy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Quoting rachellw:

if he has no fever he may have just had something on his stomach that needed to get out.  like i said i am a provider and know that is the case sometimes. just have a back up plan if he needs to be picked up.

Greenstone920
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:34 AM

I agree with keeping him home.  I too, am a child care provider, and would not want to risk infecting others if it is some sort of virus.  24 hour rule.  I'm staying home with my son today too, because although he has no fever, he has a green snotty nose and a cough that I don't feel like sharing with all the other kids and employees.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Quoting rachellw:

His daycare is 1 min away from me so I can just get him if he does get sick again. I just was at odds because I know if it is something contagious then I do not want him giving it to the other kids even though all the other parents send there kids when there sick. As long as they do not have a fever she says there ok. I really do think it was just something that was on his stomach that needed to come out then it is something contagious. He asked for a sandwich with salad on it and I know my son when he is sick all he willl take is water or juice. I think I will wait till the kids go outside to play and if he wants to go play then I will let him.Thanks

iluvmy3bratboys
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Quoting rachellw:

I agree with this... send him, but be prepared if you get a call to come pick him up

Jamie-RR-1.gif picture by nsrush83

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)