Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I can't Eat

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am hearing from so many different places all the things I can and can't eat. I just want to  make sure that I am eating all the right stuff, but I really want bacon all the time. I have heard eating bacon is bad for the baby is this the case?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
trz031407
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I ate bacon when I was pregnant. I just stayed away from sushi fish. In fact, I ate every damn thing in my sight. LOL I have never heard bacon was bad, so here's a bump hope someone can answer

bump

macksmom716
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I have never heard that bacon is bad for you or the baby while you are preggo. I mean if you have underlying medical issues then you should talk to your doc....but i am pretty sure bacon is alright. Its all about moderation....and if your really worries about try eatting turkey bacon....tastes really good with almost no fat. When i was preggo i ate everything under the sun that was fried and my kiddo came out really healthy.

madymom27
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I ate bacon! I ate everything! lol Well excpet for lunch meat, sushi, soft cheeses... I can't think of much more.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070623092318AADUK7n

I found this website, it might help out a little bit! :) Congratulations on your soon to be new addition!!

CallieJo05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

UNDERcooked bacon is bad....coldcut meats are "bad"...but if you really want a ham sandwhich just buy REAL ham from the deli or zap deli meat in the microwave.  They also say that organic fruits are bad too though if you dont know where they came from, so it's all really touch and go.... if you read up on what you can and cant have during pregnancy you'd really only be drinking OJ and eating bread the entire time.  My doctor advised me to eat whatever I wanted the first 3 months because of morning sickness. :) 

RheaF
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

My Dr. told me at the begining. If I googled it and believed every thing I read online and what some "expert" says. I would be limited to bread and water. Dont worry about it Mama. Bacon is fine.

Kymom1227
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Almost every morning i wake up and cook breakfast and i usually cook, pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We usually dont buy sausage too much, my son loves bacon; rather any type of meat and he usually wont eat anything but the bacon, I'm replying to this post because i also wanted to know if it was bad because if, so i will have to start feeding him something different.

MzPinkii2010
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Thank You guys just being a first time mom to be I am nervous and want to do everything right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)