Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do about this?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son is 11 months old.  He sleeps in a crib.  He LOVES to pull himself up to the side of the crib, hold onto it with his hands and rock back and forth.  He rocks back and forth so vigorously that I am afraid he will actually tip the crib over and hurt himself.  He can crawl, cruise, pull himself up but cannot walk.....I was thinking about getting him a toddler bed, even though it is kind of early for him.  But I am just not sure what to do about this.  Any suggestions?

It's not the meaning of life. It's the feeling of life.
babies

I am a passionate, extended-rear-facing, therapeutic-music-listening, happily married, dog-loving, Galant-driving, husband-charming, formula-feeding, housework-doing, traveling, Facebook-blogging, Dr. Phil-watching, stay at home mama with morals and heart.
I am a formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, pro-life, extended-rear-facing, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating, pro-epidural, babyproofing, SIDS-awareness-promoting, public-schooling momma to my beautiful and perfect son Miles, born 11-19-08!!!
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
acbbsmama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Maybe a toddler bed with the safety bar along the edge.  

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:44 AM

I kept my kids in cribs as long as possible. 

That said, if you REALLY think he can tip over the crib, you'll have to figure something out.  Maybe you just need to get him out of his crib as soon as he wakes up?  A toddler bed for a baby this young can really lead to trouble at bedtime/naptime! 

Good luck! 

KariLyn84
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:03 AM

Try Lowe's. :) Find someone and explain your situation and see if they can't help you rig some kind of support to actually attach the crib to your wall. Some dressers and changing tables come with a safety latch to screw into your wall- same idea could help here. Also make sure the mattress is at the lowest setting. My son rocked on the dropside so hard once he managed to make it drop down!! Thankfully I was right there when it happened! He was 20 months old though, so he got moved into a toddler bed.

If you are unable to attach to a wall though, try a playpen?! It'd be a lot lower to the ground and a little less likely to tip maybe. I think lowering the crib mattress all the way and finding a safe for baby way to fasten it to the wall is going to be your best  bet though!! Good Luck!! Hope this was helpful :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)