Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP my 6 month old......

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

IS CONSTIPATED.... and I dont know what to give her?

I am a new mom, my lil girl is only on formula and she is really constipated. Please ladies help me out, what should I give her?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Ask the Dr.  How many days has it been? 

cj1smommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM

juice....either apple juice, or prune juice...only half and half though 

olivejuicebby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Quoting cj1smommy:

juice....either apple juice, or prune juice...only half and half though 

^^

Photobucket

Lakemom22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Yes! The juice will work only half and half, prune worked better for my dd, but for some apple is best, so test them both out.

If that doesnt work, try Kyro syrup. Thats what my ped told me to use.

You should go to your ped though before anything, it may be something else. It could be the formula, etc. you never know, but good luck hun!

amoret1234
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Its been two days now! 

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

you could try using a thermometer in her bottom (this is what my doc recommended once) and it worked within 5 mins.

AidansMama2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM

put about 2 tbsp of prune juice in her bottle with the formula. it should look pretty brown, but when mine was constipated, i took him to the ped and she said to do this and it worked like a charm. He was poopie in about an hour or so. they also sell these things at the walmart pharmacy and they're like suppositories and they disolve and lubricate, etc....they make them poop. IF you go that route though, I suggest cutting it in half before hand so it's not too big for your bebe. and maybe rub some vaseline or a&d ointment on it first so it goes in a little better. i prefer the prune juice route. less muss and fuss and less uncomfortable for the both of you. i only use the other route for times when prune juice doesn't get the job done. Always wait 24 hours between the two choices as it may cause your baby's tummy to be upset. Hope this works for you.

MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM

prune puree always did a trick for my kids.......or juice(diluted with some water and just a few oz)....good luck!

CullenLover
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM

when dd was younger they told us prune juice, not a whole lot like an ounce and that should work.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM

This with vaseline on the end of it, or juice.  If it goes another day or so, call the Dr. for sure. 

Quoting Apr1l:

you could try using a thermometer in her bottom (this is what my doc recommended once) and it worked within 5 mins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)