Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AT WITS!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

Help me!!!!!!!!   My 6 yr old daughter keeps wetting her pants!  Shes been potty trained since 2 me and my husband dont know what to do anymore.  They say to just let it be no punishments. We make her clean her pants every time she wets them.  She doesnt mind sitting in the wet pants and hates cleaning her pants each time she wets. Weve tried everything it seems someone please help us any suggestions????

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
melissab5179
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Did she just start doing this all of a sudden? Is there anything major going on in her life that may be stressing her out or causing anxiety?

kyco363
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM

This happened to my cousin when I was younger - her parents got to the point where they would make her go to the bathroom every single hour. If she wet her pants my uncle would just make her get up and go change and then reduce the time to every 30 minutes. After a month she had stopped, they think she was just being lazy and that when her parents made her get up ALL the time she stopped. Anyways, I don't really know, maybe you should take her to the doctor? Good luck!

MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Does she wake up dry?  If not, get her to a doctor and have her tested for diabetes.  If this came on suddenly, that's a big sign for diabetes.

Otherwise, some kids do go through a stage at about age 4 - 7 where they get stressed and it causes them to have to urinate often.  Good or bad stresses can trigger it. 

I would take her to a doctor just to be safe.

Mrs.Hunt_Jr
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Wow! Im gonna love joinin this site!!!  I actually got replys Thankyou all for your time.  And replys...I feel so special. hehehe  Im gonna go with the stress she must be going through. shes been to doctors/Urologists/childrens hospital.  Nothing medically wrong with her.. I will however get her tested for diabetes never thought of that one.   So if it is stress...how should I handle this?  Right now Im constantly reminding her to use the potty and if she has an accident like is most of the time. I make her wash her pants out herself without making a huge deal of it...Ive been battling this problem for about 5 months Im really getting frustrated... Thankyou all for yoru replys this really helps me. 

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Does she have accidents at school too?

onefootcutiepie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Does she wet her pants away from you? Is she in school?  

Biancas_mommy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

My niece is 12 and still does it....she's done it when we were at the store....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)