Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby bottles and breast pumps?????

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
  • 3 Replies

ok so new baby should be here in about 4 weeks, if she comes on time, and i have all my sons old baby bottles and my old breast pump. does anyone know the best way to sterilize the baby bottles, nipples, tubes, and the other plastic stuff that goes to the breast pump. oh and binkis too. i heard you can boil them but i am worried that the will crack or shrink. any suggestions???

expecting girl

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
peanutsmommy1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM

boiling or dishwasher 

mommytoG
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

For the  bottles, nipples and most accessories for the pump boil them. the tubing you might have to buy new.

But I do know that your milk doesnt touch the tubing so it should be ok. just wash in war soapy water if you are worried about it.

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
kristinas8
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Try googling the brand of your pump, you may be able to download instructions for your particular model. As for binkies and nipples, unless you kiddos are less than a year apart I would ditch them and buy new. They deteriorate over time. For the bottles the dishwasher on the hottest setting should do it, or boil them for I think it's 5, 10, or 15 min. Can't remember someone else probably knows though. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)