Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help...i need advice on getting my daughter to sleep!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is now 18 months old...she used to sleep all night long, from about 3 months to 6 months or so. Then she just stopped. some nights she would sleep until 5 or 6 am. but in the last 3 weeks, she has been waking up at 130, 230, or 3AM!  I have been giving her milk when she gets up.  I heard to switch that to water so she gets used to not having milk then?  I also tried feeding her more at night, it doesn't help.  Any other advice to get her to sleep? I have been like a zombie at work!

Thanks!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Is she napping during the day? and if so for how long? And when does she go to bed usually?

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

sharonm226
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM

She does nap during the day, 2 hours from about 1-3.  She does stay up late...usually around 10. i've been putting her to bed about 10 minutes earlier every night, last night was 940.

orange4agua72
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Honestly, I'd say take the nap away. Or at least shorten it to like a 30 minute nap. She's awake in the morning because she's not tired anymore!

Quoting sharonm226:

She does nap during the day, 2 hours from about 1-3.  She does stay up late...usually around 10. i've been putting her to bed about 10 minutes earlier every night, last night was 940.

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Quoting sharonm226:

i would try cutting that nap down to an hour see if that helps....... i always just put a cup of water by my daughters bed and after awhile of me telling her she got used to it being there and sshe would just get it on her own and fall back to sleep

mommytoG
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Definitely do no leave a milk bottle in her bed at night. It is very bad for her teeth. My little sister had to have all of her baby teeth capped because they rotted out.

You will have a hard time with the water because she is used to the milk, but do not give in and hang in there. It wont take long and then she wont even want the water.

I would cut the afternoon nap down some. Do you give her bath at night? Read a story or have some sort out routine to help her unwind and relax? If not try making one up and maybe giver her some cereal or oatmeal right before you start that nightly routine.

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
sharonm226
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:15 PM

bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)