Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Digital camera advice!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

What digital camera do you have? I am looking for one that will capture a clear picture even when my son is running around! I have seen some at Target, Walmart etc.. But wondered what one you have and if you like it.

Also how much, looking for one under $150

Thanks!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

we have 3 different versions of the Nikon cool pix

tyfry7496
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I just bought a Nikon Cool PIk and love it!!! I paid $145 for it at Target. It comes in different colors and is small and portable. It fits in my front pocket.

mnmomaof4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

i have a sony cybershot w/ carl zeiss lens.  i love it!!!!  its super easy to use takes nice pictures and requires no software to load pics on to the computer.

tanya_marieh
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I liked the cool pix when I had it.

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

If you can change the ISO on the camera (the film speed) then you can take better indoor and low light pictures. See if your current camera will change or if the ones you're looking at can change that. Most have at least a few ISO settings. A film speed of around 800 is what I used to shoot my niece's christening. I know that digital cameras don't actually take film, but it's the same thing. The higher the speed, the more sensitive the film is. Sports photographers often use an ISO even higher than 800 to catch those action shots, but you're going to have to make sure the lighting is ok. 

I have cameras that are over your budget, so I don't know which ones to recommend, but I do recommend checking to see if you can change the ISO setting. 

mommytoG
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Well mine is a Sony Asl200 or something like that but it was like 600. Got it at abetter price when circuit city went out of business

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
Mommie2Two
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Sorry, I can't help.
I have a Canon Pro camera.  A 5D
But before that I had a Kodak EasyShare -- I Loved it!!  My sister now has it.  It's a great camera!!

Become a Fan
Kady Bug Photography

papillionsky
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I have the Nikon Coolpix S550 for 199. I liked it in the beginning, but I can't get the settings right. I have to take the same picture over and over again to get a clear one. It's a good camera when you know exactly what settings you need for a good picture.  Maybe the other Nikon Coolpix models are easier to deal with.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)