Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you ever bullied as a kid?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

In school or in your neighborhood? Did you have someone bullying you? What did you do about it?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danigurl9999
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM

your siggy is insane!!! i love it.  and yes i was picked on all the time as a kid

Danielle

Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

www.marykay.com/dsatava

shyysmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM

when i was in early elementary school i remember being picked on because i didnt have name brand shoes and clothes.. but by 4th grade i would say i didnt have any problems.. i was taller then everyone else so i guess people were scared to mess with me i would always stick up for the ones that were getting picked on

8firsttimemom8
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I was picked on a lot at school...through elementry and middleschool. I even tried going to the teacher and school counseling but nothing did any good...what upsets me today is that teach said the common phrase, stick and stone will hurt you, but words never will. oh how i resent that....there was nothing i could do..i have no idea how they get it resolved today...but i do know that it still affects me even today....

mandy716
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I definitly got picked on for being fat.  I was very large when I was young.

Humboldt0608
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM

No, but the funniest thing that I have ever seen happen to a bully was in highschool.

There was a girl that was part of the popular kids. She was making fun of a kid that wasn't able to use his legs all that well. Yeah, she was just a complete bitch. Anyway some of us started to stand up to help the guy out and chew her a new ass but before we could get there he picked up her backpack and threw it in the trashcan. Then he took his coffee and poured it all over her backpack. Then he looked at her without even hesitating and told her, "Maybe next time you shouldn't be such a C**T."

The whole cafeteria busted up laughing. It was great and everyone was applauding. Then he just walked out of the cafeteria like nothing happened.

URMySunshine07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I was picked on for my "buck" teeth. by a kid who had worse teeth than me!. Then, I was picked on in 8th grade b/c I was the last girl to develope.

I was also a bully to a guy that was in love with me from 1st grade on. I just wanted him to leave me alone.

toddler girlSunshine's Mom baby boy

mollie152
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Yes I was I ended up moving it got so bad. I look back at pictures when I was a teen and I realize now I was a pretty girl but I still felt worthless. I also remember praying for hours that God would make me pretty and smart.

mollie

smiley_mylie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM

yes i was bullied on by my dads many girlfriends and their children. thankfully my dad had me busy in sports, dance, and different activities that helped me realize that i had a purpose, and was great in my own way. i think a child being a part of something bigger than themselves goes a long way in life.

-michele

ILuvEvanAndCole
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Of course I have had a few people say some things to me but no, I wasn't ever really bullied. Actually, I have always hated seeing it happen! One thing I cannot stand is someone being picked on! Especially, for something they have no control over or cannot help. I remember getting soooo mad about it and if I saw it happening I would say something.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I was never picked on, but our graduating class only had 34 people and we had all grown up together. The whole school had about 500 kids and we all knew each other. I'm sure there was some bullying, but I never really saw any of it.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)