Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent about my breakup ...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 1 Replies

I'm sure many of you have read my previous posts about my breaks and break ups with my mama's boy ex boyfriend. well to make a long story short.. we broke up for good the other day. My dd, who is 2, got to know him over the past 1 1/2 years. I don't know, I mean he wasn't bad with her, but he would never call me up and be like "hey lets all go do something today.." it was always me and my dd running up to the garage he works at just so see him for an hr or so. it was ridiculous. He didnt treat me the greatest either. In his eyes he was good to me because he worked alot and didnt beat me or cheat on me..

BUT, thats a whole other story. Ridiculous way of thinking on his part. Over the past several months, if he would argue over something stupid, he would either ignore me for days or send me a text and tell me he wants a break. then when it was convenient for him- we would get back together. it was just so many mind games. I was always upset and stressed. I don't think my dd is old enough to remember any of this, hopefully.. but i feel guilty for thinking he wouldnt hurt her. When we first got involved i kept telling him that we come as a package deal- you date me you date my daughter. he seemed to understand how careful i wanted to be with her and who i brought her around.. now hes trying to make me feel guilty as if im the bad guy. he thinks because he works alot that alot of girls would want to be with him -- i tried telling him that that's great that ur a hardworker- but women like to be treated well, respected & appreciated. Thats what makes someone a good bf/husband. 

I also told him that it might help him out if he started doing his own laundry, making his own meals, and handling his own bank accounts and bills instead of mommy (hes going to be 27). his response was "if youre trying to make me hate you, youre on the right track". he just doesnt care. He said he wants to be by himself and if he died tomorrow he would happily die alone. i think hes just a miserable, selfish person. i guess i'm hurt that involved myself and my dd with someone like this.

It sucks but i guess its for the best. I knew deep down that i wasn't suppose to be with a person like him anyways. I'll leave that mess for some other sucker to deal with. 

Time heals everything though.. right?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Sounds like you're better off without him.

Still.  Breaking up is never fun.  I'm sorry you're going through this.

Hang in there!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)