Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby proofing???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 2 Replies

HELP!!!!!!!!! We arent allowed to use anything that screws into our cabinets and they dont have knobs so my problem is finding stuff to use!!!!!!!!! Any help? And any baby proofing suggestions welcome

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Oh bummer!  I don't have any ideas. 

You might have to just rearrange and keep only baby-safe things in the lower cabinets. 

Check in the Babies group, too.  They might have ideas there. 

Good luck! 

KariLyn84
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:48 AM

that stinks!! If there's no knobs though, can your child actually get  the cabinets open or is your concern more of a precaution?? If there's a place for one, try a baby gate to block off the entrance to your kitchen. My crawler can't open the cabinets, but I don't like her underfoot if I'm cooking or cleaning. Can't mop with a baby on the floor! lol So we use a secure fitting babygate in the doorway, or I put her in her playpen just off the kitchen. I actually saw this fencing type stuff online today for babies. I don't remember the site, but you could google it. It's real thick plastic squares that lock together and has some built in activities for baby- looks for indoor and outdoor use maybe, but it comes in one standard size, then it showed for additional sections too. search baby fence or something maybe! Good Luck!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)