Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething Tablets???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son is 5 1/2 months and is battling his teeth so badly... orajel isn't cutting it anymore and I am not comforterable giving him tylenol around the clock. Has anyone ever used the teething tablets? Any suggestions? oh...and i have all the vibrating teething rings and the cold ones and the cold bottles...and chew toys... and he just doesn't do any better.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USMCBride08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM

i love them they are a blessing 

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

kayc0316
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM

i gave my kids the humphreys tablets that would melt in there mouth it was safe for them very tiny--but it worked great--not sure if they still have them in the med isles at like walmart but u can ask the counter to see if they have any

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I love Hylands teething tablets.

Kids 0-9 also makes a liquid form for teething.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

graciejoe
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

They're awesome.  I'd recommend them to anybody.

lextjmom0709
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM

i give them to my son who is also teething and i love them to death

CamdensMom12
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM

It's a fase that will pass in time so just try and get by. Teething tablets helped my son cause it distracted him and he liked them. He also like to chew on the bottle. lol I give him 3 at a time 4 times a day still cause he is teething again at 10 months. Good luck!!

isaiahsmomma86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM

i love them, love love love them.

Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

lapcounter
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I would not use the Hyland Teething Tablet's they can be very dangerous to your child.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

only if you allow them to take more than what's advised.  I love them too.  There's also Homeopathic drops you can give.  They're at Target in a bottle with Eeyore & Pooh on it.

Quoting lapcounter:

I would not use the Hyland Teething Tablet's they can be very dangerous to your child.

punching                                       playing soccer boy     &         baby in sling    

Rob & Tosh since Feb '98                              Cristian                                 Jayden

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I've used them, and they seemed to work fairly well for DD. 

You could try frozen veggies. My brother and SIL freeze celery and carrots for their daughter. Or even frozen fruit, since that has a sweet taste. Frozen apples should work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)