Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting Nails (POIG)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

I used to be able to easily distract dd (11 months) and cut her nails.  Now it's not so easy.  She still is distracted by the things I show her, but she doesn't want me to hold onto her hands or feet to clip them.  Does anyone have suggestions for cutting their little one's nails?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamanthaLarae
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM

My daughter is like that too, so I had to start cutting them when she was asleep. When she is out for the night she isn't a very light sleeper so it's easy to do. I also paint her toenails this way :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
momsc
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I love that you take the extra time to paint her toenails too!  Thanks for your advice.

Quoting SamanthaLarae:

My daughter is like that too, so I had to start cutting them when she was asleep. When she is out for the night she isn't a very light sleeper so it's easy to do. I also paint her toenails this way :)

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM

DD will sit in my lap facing outward for a limited time. If I can't get her to sit long enough to do all her fingernails, I let her go play and try for more in a few minutes. 

CVislosky
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I cut my sons nails while he's asleep.  

acbbsmama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM

My daughter has always loved having her nails painted so I would cut hers before I painted them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)