Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bar soap or body wash?? PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you use bar soap or body wash?

Options:

Bar Soap

Body Wash

Other...Please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

I know this is a weird question but the other day i was thinking which is better. I use body wash but am thinking soap might be better???

If you were born in the 80's and loved the 90's come join my new group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/102686

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
destiny29
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I have extremely sensitive skin so I can't have any kind of dyes or perfumes in anything I wash my body with- I break out in hives or get a terrible rash. It's embaressing when that happens. Johnson's baby shampoo is always safe as well as Dove (the allergy-free kind, not the one with lotion in it) and this other stuff I order online sometimes. I have to do the same thing with Laundry soap too.

dannierae
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM

any time i ever used bar soap it dries my skin out really bad.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I use 100% castile soap bars. They are super easy on the skin and they come in all sorts of different scents. They are all natural... We use the shampoo bars too.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

DBbaby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I use both body was and bar soap it just depends on my mood.  If you use bar soap make sure to try different kinds at first to make sure it's going to work for your body I can only use zest or it dries my skin out really bad.

CafeMom Tickers
WildKat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM

They say if you have dry skin, that a liquid is better.  I personally like Dove's Deep Moisture (I think now its says Nutrium on it?) body wash in the winter.  It is the only thing that keeps the dry-skin itchies at bay.

Peace,

Kat

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM

When my dd hit the pre-teen years she started having body odor, even after showering.  My pediatrician told me to use soap that is anti-bacterial to kill the smelly bacteria.  It worked so now we only use Dial shower gel.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)