Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seasonique (birth control)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

Have you tried it or know someone who has?  What are your opinions?  Do you like or dislike it?  Did it make you gain weight, breakout, get sick, etc? 

Thanks so much! :)  I am doing my research in the hopes that I am currently not pregnant.  I'm also thinking about other forms other than the pill, so if you'd like to recommend one -let me know!!  :)

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:29 AM

bump

I don't have personal experience, but here's a bump!

KariLyn84
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:36 AM

I used to take Seasonal, which I think was just an older form... It had three months to one period. The stuff rocked!! I had no side effects, no moodyness, irratability or anything. Of course, not having a period every month kinda puts you on cloud nine anyways, but I loved it! I had planned on taking Yaz (to help with symptoms of PMDD) after my 9 month old was born, thankfully we decided to have one more right away!! Now there's all those commercials for pending lawsuits!! yikes!! sometimes its best to stick to older pills that have been around a while! lol But I do know- and this came from my OB/GYN two years ago. That is it safe to take just about any regular monthly pill in the 3 month/1 period dosing. I asked about it because I couldn't afford Seasonal without insurance, and I was on Ortho-Low-which made me superb*tch, but it was safe to continue the dosage the same 12 week cycle. Always ask your doc anyways, but that's what mine told me. Good Luck! :)

LovesPinkk
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

thank u. :) 

SAHMommy to Maddox James '06, Kingston Edward '07,                                                                    & Paris Abigail '09Marrying their Daddy 7*24*10.

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

My friend has been taking Seasonique for a long time and she loves it! She won't use any other form of BC, no other form of pill, etc.

amoret1234
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I am currently on Seasonique, as of so far I have no complaints, I havent had any weight gain, moodiness or irratibility. Although not having a period for 3 months is lovely, waiting around for your period to come after having what i like to call a birth control baby ( my DD, I was on antibiotics when she was concieved LOL ) 3 months is a long time to wait for a missed period! BUT HONESTLY NO COMPLAINTS AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT...

grrlpanda
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I used it prior to getting pregnant and I loved it. I didn't have side effects (even getting nauseous if I missed one and had to double up.) The first round or two I did have some spotting at the two month mark but that was it. After that is was fine. I was on it for a year or two.

CafeMom Tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

LovesPinkk
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM

yay. :)   these are all the things i was hoping to hear! thank you girls! 

blondebabygherl
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:08 PM

i've been on it for about 7 or 8 months now. i like it for the most part, but there are some things i don't like. i get my period about a week before i'm supposed to every time and it winds up being a 2-3 week long period. they said it can take a couple months to adjust, but it still is very annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)