Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need YOUR opinion...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Will ur kid(s) be getting the H1N1 vax?

Options:

yes

no

not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

Ok so yesterday my husband, myself n our 3 kids spent the day with some family.. n now today my cuzin was diagnosed with havin "swine flu".. n my family wants us to take our kids to get the H1N1 vax. 

What do u think??  If u agree with them can u explain y?  And if not please explain as well.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CullenLover
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM

our pediatrician advised against it and so did the children's hospital here as well. and i dont trust it.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Well, don't vax because they were exposed...that would be silly.  They could still get it.  Exposure before a vax..can still lead to illness. 

That said, we have ALL been vaccinated in my home.  COnsidering that the h1n1 vaccination is the same thing as seasonal flu shots, the testing has been more than adequate and the ingredients are not alarming...we decided to protect ourselves.

Shaunalynn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I'm not getting it. I haven't even discussed it with my pediatrician, so I don't know his thoughts.

I never get the flu shots, though, not even seasonal. This is no different.

bstormsfl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Everyone in our home has had the shot and we've been fine. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry, I just didnt want to take the chance of one of my kids getting seriously sick and I couldve prevented it. Was your kids or yourselves around your cousin? I agree if you've been exposed you might want to wait if you decide to get vaccinated. If you werent exposed, then you got a decision to make. Nobody can tell you what to do. I did speak to a nurse from the health dept this am cuz i was confused as to whether my 9 yr old needed another vaccination and also if it kept you from getting it completely. She said since he had the shot he wouldnt need another one and that after 2 weeks you are fully protected and can not get h1n1. So to each thier own choices and opinions. GL in your decision.

Bella_Angel
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Yea he was with us all day.

Quoting bstormsfl:

Everyone in our home has had the shot and we've been fine. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry, I just didnt want to take the chance of one of my kids getting seriously sick and I couldve prevented it. Was your kids or yourselves around your cousin? I agree if you've been exposed you might want to wait if you decide to get vaccinated. If you werent exposed, then you got a decision to make. Nobody can tell you what to do. I did speak to a nurse from the health dept this am cuz i was confused as to whether my 9 yr old needed another vaccination and also if it kept you from getting it completely. She said since he had the shot he wouldnt need another one and that after 2 weeks you are fully protected and can not get h1n1. So to each thier own choices and opinions. GL in your decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)