Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had your membranes stripped by your doctor....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM
  • 47 Replies

Today I went to the doctor, tomorrow I will be 38 weeks, I'm 2-3 cm, head is engaged, I'm 50% effaced and my doctor stripped my membranes. With my daughter, I had a labor that was completely obvious that I was in labor, never had to have my membranes stripped, nothing. My question is, after the doctor stripped yours, how long was it before you went into labor?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanya_marieh
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I had my membranes striped three times before it worked. 

amazingaudri
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

5 days

NoraDun
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I had it done on a Friday afternoon and when I woke up Saturday morning I was in labor.

Come to find out the Doc should of never done it though b/c I was strep B positive. It is extremely dangerous to do if that is the case!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM

They didn't give it time. They stripped them twice then started Pitocin.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

there's no way to tell.  Mine was stripped for the first time at 38 weeks and then at every appointment (twice a week) from then until I went into labor at 41 weeks!  Yeah, didn't work so well for me.  Labor started when my water broke on its own.

Karowyn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I've never even heard of this...why did they decide to do it if you are only 38 weeks preggo?

momto2ladies
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Had it done on Friday Pm bam baby Sun AM!

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

LadyFelicity
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM

It didn't work for me. THey did it roundabout 38/39wks and at 40wks and 3days I walked into the hospital like.."uh hello??" and they induced me! However after they stripped my membranes, my mucus plug thingy did fall out the next day.

peanutsmommy1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I was 2 cm at 36 weeks, had membranes stripped at 38 and 40 weeks, was induced at 42 

squidsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Because 38 weeks is considered full term, he's a big baby, I'm dilating, my doctor knows my circumstances and WE decided it was fine to do so.

Quoting Karowyn:

I've never even heard of this...why did they decide to do it if you are only 38 weeks preggo?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)