Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible mood swings - IUD question

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've been having horrible mood swings due to the fact that I am seriously PMSing (which for me last nearly 1 - 1 1/2 wks before my period) My back hurts and I'm getting really tight cramps in my uterus, I'm tired and bitchy and feeling like I could stab someone right now.

I am going in on Tuesday to have a ultrasound done to see if I can get an Mirena IUD put in. I have a tilited uterus so it depends on how far back it is.

Has anyone had an IUD for PMS? We aren't using it for birth control because DH had a vasectomy. Did it work?

I have to try this first but if it doesn't work my OB said my insurance will pay for me to have a hystroectomy, which is what I really want in the end.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I am a Non-Baby Wearing, Formula Feeding, CIO, Circumcising, Organic Eating for Food Allergies, Atheist who is a Caring, Loving and Nurturing SAHM, Wife and College Student.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
squidsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I absolutely hated my IUD. It gave me the most severe cramping once a week for about 6 weeks before I finally had it taken out. It felt like I was in labor and I would throw up from the pain.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Quoting squidsmommy:

I absolutely hated my IUD. It gave me the most severe cramping once a week for about 6 weeks before I finally had it taken out. It felt like I was in labor and I would throw up from the pain.

Ugg. I hope that doesn't happen.

I am a Non-Baby Wearing, Formula Feeding, CIO, Circumcising, Organic Eating for Food Allergies, Atheist who is a Caring, Loving and Nurturing SAHM, Wife and College Student.

squidsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I've heard it's a fairly common reaction. I hope for your sake it doesn't happen, too. But if it does, you will at least know what it's from and hopefully won't try to figure it out for 6 weeks and end up in the emergency room for 8 hours while they try to figure it out.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting squidsmommy:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

thank you

Quoting squidsmommy:

I've heard it's a fairly common reaction. I hope for your sake it doesn't happen, too. But if it does, you will at least know what it's from and hopefully won't try to figure it out for 6 weeks and end up in the emergency room for 8 hours while they try to figure it out.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting squidsmommy:

smiley_mylie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

the iud is amazing. plus the other comes with other problems later on. i didnt have a period for nearly nine months after i got mine. and when i do they arnt bad at all compared to how they used to be

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

this is what i am hoping for. did it help with all the pms symptoms too?

Quoting smiley_mylie:

the iud is amazing. plus the other comes with other problems later on. i didnt have a period for nearly nine months after i got mine. and when i do they arnt bad at all compared to how they used to be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)