Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No toys allowed! W/ Poll

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Are there areas in your home where toys aren't allowed?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

My DD has a bedroom and 2 playrooms.  When she brings toys into the living room or kitchen or master bedroom it REALLY irritates me(just last night I triped on a toy in my kitchen).  I'm just wondering how many other moms out there don't allow toys in certain areas?  Feel free to vent :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM

our house is a free for all. they have a toy room and their bedrooms plus we homeschool so we have a room with that type of stuff and puzzles and games are in there but they still play all over. as long as they clean it up i dont mind. im more annoyed that they wont ever play upstairs n allow me to think for a min without screaming 

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM

When I am cooking DS is not allowed to play on the kitchen floor with toys since our kitchen is small and I'd trip on them!  He can play at the table with them though and any other room is a free for all as long as he cleans them up.

PregoDiana
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

as of right now...no.  By son is only 11 months.  As he gets older, we will probably make our bedroom off limits to toys.  But right now, If I need him in there while I do something, he is going to have toys with him to keep him entertained! LOL

My dogs have leanred that the couch, and beds are off limits to toys.  They are allowed up there themselves, but they are not allowed to bring a toy with them! =P  Thats just gross!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

No, never in my home.  Only rooms and places where no food is allowed. 

MissiHampt
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

He's not allowed to drive cars on tables, and everything has to be cleaned up when he's done with it.  Otherwise, toys can go anyplace.....

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

possummom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM

not in the kitchen or on the dining room table. i use to allow them in the living room...but my kids are older now so now they keep the mess in their rooms. if they leave a toy out now...the new puppy might get it lol!!!

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Not really. She doesn't generally bring them into the kitchen (one every once in a while) but I haven't banned them. 

swizzlefiz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

The master bedroom was the first place that toys went off limits in our house.  DD decided to leave a very really looking fake snake in our bed when she was 3 ... I nearly had a heart attack!

Quoting PregoDiana:

as of right now...no.  By son is only 11 months.  As he gets older, we will probably make our bedroom off limits to toys.  But right now, If I need him in there while I do something, he is going to have toys with him to keep him entertained! LOL

My dogs have leanred that the couch, and beds are off limits to toys.  They are allowed up there themselves, but they are not allowed to bring a toy with them! =P  Thats just gross!

PregoDiana
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

LOL.... my hubby would be the one to have a heart attack!  I would just laugh at him for being such a panzy! =P

Quoting swizzlefiz:

The master bedroom was the first place that toys went off limits in our house.  DD decided to leave a very really looking fake snake in our bed when she was 3 ... I nearly had a heart attack!

Quoting PregoDiana:

Barabell
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Yes, but he has to put it away when he's done.  Never been an issue with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)