Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on ovaries do your thing

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

DH and I are planning to TTC baby #3 next summer, but something has to happen first! I need to be ovulating! My periods have always been regular, sometimes stress would make me skip a month but otherwise all was well. We moved into our new house in January, my stress level has actually gone DOWN considerably since last year. Had a period shortly after we moved in, didn't have another one until July, and haven't had one since. That is ONE period in the last 10 months. There is nothing normal about this. I am 33 years old, healthy. I told the doctor, they did a bunch of blood work and my hormones and everything were perfectly normal. They did a pelvic ultrasound and my ovaries and everything looked fine. So now they can't tell me anything. I am now on my own to figure this out. I'm so frustrated, of course getting stressed about this isn't going to help matters, but I can't help it. I really want another baby and I want to know why I'm not having periods, nobody can tell me anything!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tiredmomfor2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Hey there mama!

I am sorry you are having probs. We are kinda in the same boat. I have endometriosis and we have had trouble conceiving in the past. We are currently trying for #3 also!! My doc knows my history and has put me on glucophage.... it is a med that helps you regulate your periods which make you ovulate regularly! YAY! I hope it works for me soon. You might ask about it. And it isn't a hormone say like  a birth control. It is actually a diabetic drug but can help with this also.

Hope things go well for you!

MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Im sorry, i know how you feel. i am in the very same boat as you. I have only had 3 period in the last year. 

My dr also ran alot of test and blood work and the same thing as your, they told me every thing is fine. So i have no clue what going on. But i`m also trying to look for a new Dr.

--------------------------

Also my SIL is the same way and all, they told her she was fine and it had to be just stress, well last year she looked up PCOS and even tho the dr said she had no sigins of it she treated her self as she did have it and know she had a very sweet 2month old son!!

I wish you luck on what all you find out..

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Thank you both for the encouragement. It is nice to know that there are other women out there dealing with the same things as me. I feel better today then I did yesterday, I was so frustrated. Now I am calmed down and resolved to just find another doctor and take it from there. I will definetely talk to my new doctor about glucophage, and I am also going to research PCOS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)