Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

circle of life

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

there was a tree chopped down infront of my parents house and they left it there. so today i was dropping my boys off before i went to class and jacob my 2 year old walked over to the downed tree slowly lifted his little hand placed it on the trunk and started crying. i asked him what was wrong and he looked up at me eyes full of tears and said "mommy why did they kill the tree" i didnt know what to say so i took him inside and calmed him down and left for school. when i came back i took just him to the store for a little one on one time when we returned for his brothers he ran back to the tree "Please stand it back up mommy please" i told him i cant and he said "i do it" and started trying to stand the tree back up. again i had to take him away and calm him down. so help me explain the circle of life to him why the tree had to die. he is really upset about this

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Aww... my 2 year old goes NUTS if I try to swat flies in front of him.  He looks at the dead fly and just starts crying.  Won't let me dispose of it either :(  I only do it while he is sleeping now.

SamanthaLarae
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Poor, sweet little guy :) I'm really no help but that was too cute of him!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
iluvmy2pumpkins
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

aww. maybe you could get a new tree for him to plant.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Quoting iluvmy2pumpkins:

aww. maybe you could get a new tree for him to plant.

Good idea!! I think if someone has to cut down a tree for whatever reason, they should plant a new one somewhere.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

acbbsmama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Aww, what a little sweetheart. I agree that the planting a new tree is a great idea. Maybe you could explain to him about the way the cut down tree could be used to help people such as for firewood, or making paper, etc......and no i'm not condoning cutting down trees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)