Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice PLEASE

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so a few weeks ago my SO left me. I thought maybe he just needed to take some time away but I have decided that I am not going to take him back. I am living with my  mom we were going to move out when we got our tax money. Anyway I don't know if I should sign up for sec 8 or just go back to school and live with my mom until I graduate. I want to go for my RN so it will be like 2 years before I am finished with school. I have to earn my GED first but that shouldn't take to long. I am so confused I don't know what to do. I don't even drive because I have dependent on him for everything. I need advice PLEASE.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kyco363
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

2kidsandamom08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I am going back to school either way I just don't know if I should stay with my mom or move out on my own.

Quoting kyco363:

GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

Larue09
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

The best thing you can do for your children is to go back to school and get a degree. I am in nursing school right now-its hard but I know it is going to be so worth it. IMO stay at your mother's for as long as you can, as long as she is supportive of your dreams. Also, if you want to get your nursing license, I would suggest taking a CNA class. You can make a decent amount per hr, and its good expierence for nursing. Keep your chin up and remember that you can do anything if you put your mind to it!!! :)

2kidsandamom08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

My mom is very supportive of me going back to school but for what I am paying to live here I could sign up for sec 8 and have my own place.I am worried about working full time and going to school time while taking care of my kids on my own.

Quoting Larue09:

The best thing you can do for your children is to go back to school and get a degree. I am in nursing school right now-its hard but I know it is going to be so worth it. IMO stay at your mother's for as long as you can, as long as she is supportive of your dreams. Also, if you want to get your nursing license, I would suggest taking a CNA class. You can make a decent amount per hr, and its good expierence for nursing. Keep your chin up and remember that you can do anything if you put your mind to it!!! :)

loriscadd
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I'd say that if mom is willing to help for awhile it couldn't hurt to have some extra support at home while you're trying to study and what not.  I'd hold off on getting any kind of aid if you don't absolutely need it. 

themountainmama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Stay with your mom, lean on her, go back to school.  Good luck.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)