Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random Question

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am a single mom who doesnt know alot of poeple in my town so I have alot of free time at night.  I was woundering if anyone knows of a good place where you can make some extra money working at home after the kids go to bed.  Sorry its such a random thing but the places I have checked out I just cant belive work like they say and the poeple on these boards are normally very helpfull so I thought I would try here.  Thank you for takeing the time to read this and for any help I can get.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yabbadabba07
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM

bump

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:24 AM

There are some work-at-home groups here on CafeMom.  Do a search up in that blue box to your right.  Maybe you can find some info there. 

Good luck!  

rkoloms
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:17 AM

You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org,  www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Robin in Chicago

Athena.
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Thank you very much for your help.  I had no idea where to go to look for a real one and not a scam.  I will check those sites out.

mommafox03
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM

hey sweetie! my sister works from home and she loves it....she is my one annd only friend on cafe mom so look her up.i think her name on here is ajmotivate....she can help you out and from now until nov. 23 (ithink) the enrollment is only one dollar.....how great is that>!?!?!?! hope i could be of some assistance.....have a happy friday 13th!!!

runnermomma
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I have had a hard time finding real work at home opportunities that I am interested in doing.  I do have several ways that I earn points to redeem for giftcards, but I don't earn too much actual cash.  I would suggest you visit the work at home moms groups here on CafeMom also and maybe you will be able to find something that is interesting to you!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)