Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what lies did you fall for as a kid?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM
  • 45 Replies

Now that Im older I realize that my mother was an effin lair!!! she told me that if i whistled at night that Im calling evil spirits into the house, turns out she just wanted peace & quiet at night. Also that if i call child protective services ( I threatend once when my spanking was really tough) she told me that they would split us up( my bros & sisters) & that rabbits would eat out our eyes.

what funny lies did you fall for?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:10 PM

My parents didn't really lie to us to that extent.  I'm sure they lied sometimes but nothing major enough to remember!

behappilyever
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM

santa claus. the fat non existent bastard broke my heart.

th78
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:12 PM

when we were gonna hit a bump or something or maybe going over bumpy roads my parents would tell me and my brothers to "suck our poopholes in" so we wouldnt drag. i found out recently that we were all 3 suckin in those poopholes LOL...what kids will do! 

BossHog

I don't have any but my friend tells her kids when the ice cream man plays his music on the truck that means he is out of ice cream I think thats hilarious and just might have to use that one when my son gets a little older

Nadine254

when we were kids we used to be able to pick somewhere to go for our b-day. i always wanted to go to the moon. and when i used to ask her she used to say "we'll see" and i used to think she ment yes. and there was also an old building on our lot and my dad told me there was booby traps in there to keep me out of it.

army

gypsydancer7
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM

This dodnt happen to me...but my dh was told that tornados didnt hit cities that started with "L" (we live in a sity that starts with L) lol

WImom2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:15 PM

OMG a LOT!!

I was a HUGE daddy's girl, so my parents use to tell me my dad picked out whatever they had just bought me. My dad NEVER ever picked anything out.

My mom used to tell us that if we saved paper, like school papers, that we would get bugs. She just didn't want our rooms full of useless garbage!

The biggest one: My grandpa has a lot of land, and when I was little he decided to make an Indian path. He built some tepees and had hidden arrowheads and other cool stuff along the way. He then told all of the grand kids it was real, and he would really ham it up when we all walked through. I was 19 when I finally found out it was not real. LOL

WImom2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM

That is so so funny! My mom once told us she would "run over" the tornado and we believed her. We happened to be in the car during a bad storm.

Quoting gypsydancer7:

This dodnt happen to me...but my dh was told that tornados didnt hit cities that started with "L" (we live in a sity that starts with L) lol

luvkids329
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM

my dad use to tell us to keep our hands inside the car window, while he was driving or else we might get them chopped off by another passing car! i still keep my hand in to this day! turns out he just wanted us to sit our little butts back!

NiekaC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

aww man, thats messed up, I wouldnt fall for that one, lol

Quoting BossHog:

I don't have any but my friend tells her kids when the ice cream man plays his music on the truck that means he is out of ice cream I think thats hilarious and just might have to use that one when my son gets a little older

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)