Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 20 month DD is getting tired of foods she was happily eating before, what do you feed your toddler.....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

a few  breakfast, lunch or dinner suggestions would be helpful

Thank You.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abuela542
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

As a mom of 3 gma of 4  please do not take this as a slam but how about real food. She can eat eggs (cooked completely) cream of wheat,oatmeal, mashed potatoes and gravy, just about anything that you eat.  

mamivon2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

My DD loved rice krispy ceral with applesauce, little hotdogs, some mc and cheese, peas, carrots, my kids ate whatever we ate

mommateapot
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:28 PM

My kids eat whatever we eat. My daughter turns 2 this month..and  she eats everything. When she gets bored, I just change up how she eats it.

Like I let her dip her food...in ranch, ketchup, guacamole, sour cream, whatever.

Ramen noodles mixed with any veggie are a hit here.

Anything on a pretzel stick...you can do hot dogs, cheese, grapes, pears, turkey, apples...use the pretzel stick like a tooth pick.

My son is a very picky eater, but he eats anything that has a cool name, or he can dip, or is on a stick.

Most times, it is all in how you present it.

midnitglory
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM

hi... i was having that problem also. I dont force my son to eat if he doesnt want to. sounds different but i strongly belive that they will get when they get hungry. somedays he is happy to snack on fruit, cheese cubes, pretzels and beans as well as drinks his milk. and other days he wants seconds of steak and hamburger. here is a short list of things that i keep on hand for my son. cereal, applesauce, yogurt, bananas, apples, peanut butter, tortillas with cheese, hotdogs with ketchup, granola bars, animal crackers, cheddar fish crackers. these are his favorite things to eat hope this helps.

Tamara A Nagletoddler boy

BaileynMe
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Spaghetti, sweet potato fries, mac n cheese, cheerios, pizza, peanut butter sandwiches, cinnamon raisin french toast, chunks of colby jack cheese, raisins, dried blueberries, dried apples, chicken nuggets, bananas, frozen veggies, turkey n cheese omelettes, hot dogs, mini corn dogs... that's pretty much my child's entire diet. Those are pretty much the only foods she WILL eat, and some of those are sketchy. 

kenziejosmommy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM

DD eats what we eat. For breakfast we have cerealts, french toast, pancakes, something around there... usually w/fruit. Sometimes scrambled eggs to go along.

Lunch, we eat stuff like chicken nuggets, hot dogs, left overs, hamburger helper, usually w/fruit and a veggie and milk

At dinner, once again she eats what we eat. Lasagna, beef and noodles, manicotti, spaghetti, chicken alfredo. Usually w/a veggie and fruit as well and all meals w/milk...

You can google, fun kid meal ideas... maybe something like that... but she eats w/e we eat. I rarely make her something special....

karma368
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Quoting Abuela542:

As a mom of 3 gma of 4  please do not take this as a slam but how about real food. She can eat eggs (cooked completely) cream of wheat,oatmeal, mashed potatoes and gravy, just about anything that you eat.  

who said she wasnt eating real food? she was eating eggs, oatmeal,  all fruits all vegetables boiled and steamed all meats cooked.  (she still likes multigrain  bread and pasta, bananas, brocoli, snow peas), then she got a mild flew and reverted back to gerber. i just need ideas for different foods. she only has one kidney so low sodium prefered.

karma368
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

thanks moms. those are super ideas unfortunately half of them she is tired of, the other half she cant stand. its cool though it just makes me research more in depth about kid meals. i'm also going to see a pediatric nutritionist

Bedelina
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:43 AM

My lol is 18 months. He eats the same table food that DH and I eat. The only difference is that before I add more fish sauce or salt, pepper, paprika or any condiments to our menu, I separate his own food so my little boy just eats all natural :) 

kristy26wis
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:49 AM

my son is doing that now going threw food fazes as they call them he was eatting turkey hot dogs with chesse for awhile now he went to the chicken fingers. for dinner we usually give him some of what we are eatting, mashed potatos, or rice, and what ever meat we are having, by the way hes 15 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)