Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lions, and Tigers, and Swine Flu Oh My!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM
  • 3 Replies

Yeah. I have a million and one things going on this week trying to prepare for my college finals. On thursday I had one hell of a day leading up to firday the 13th. Then on firday the 13th dh went to the er via ambulace and he had to stay in the icu for 2 days (fri and sat) and then the neuro floor for a day(sun). Then they let him know that apparently is was too late to treat his swine flu (that they never told us he had in the first place) and to go home.
Well my mother kept my son and had told me he got a fever a couple of times but she was giving him tylenol. Ok. I had no idea at the time dh had swine flu. So ds looks terrible sunday night and I call the ped and tell him all of the symptoms. Guess what!!! He has the swine flu too. It's too late for them to treat him too. So now I have 2 babies (dh and ds) with the swine flu. I'm going crazy with lysol trying to keep myself from it lol!
But now my teacher since I have no one to watch ds while I'm in class is threatening me that if I miss class that it's 5 pts per day missed off my final grade!!!!\

My question is anyone went thru this (swine flu, teacher, anything of the above)

HELP!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melisawoosley
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:24 AM

omg i spelled friday wrong lol!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Isolate them as much as possible.  None of us got swine from my dd and kept her isolated and cleaned the house.  Good luck.  Dd had a mild case, 3 days which we found out there are many more mild cases then bad cases out there. 

You would think that a teacher would be a little more understanding in this situation. 

alt075
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:56 AM

That teacher should be more understanding. I would take it up higher and let them know what is going on. I hope everyone gets well soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)