Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have one of those plasic character toddler beds? (piog)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:21 AM
  • 14 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has one of those, because I'm considering getting the Tinkerbell one for my little one who will be 2 next month. I'm wondering how sturdy they are, and if you have one how well has it held up...? I'd love all the opinions and suggestions ya have! Thanks moms :-)

~Julie Baker~
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yesitsme311
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM

As long as you put it together right, they are fine. Sturdy enough for your little one. I had one for my daughter and it was perfect for her.  I would just be wary of jumping on it.

barefootNky113
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM

i don't have one of the plastic ones. I do have a wooden toddler bed that i ws worried about. but me and hubby got it put together nice and tight. it should be fine as long as you read the directions! LOL!

girl on a swing

McKenzie Lea

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I never bothered getting one because i felt like they were a waste of money. They grow so fast and would not be in it long.  I just put my daughter in a regular twin bed and put up railings so she would not roll out of bed.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

They aren't bad at all. But my 4 yr old is too big for his, so it won't last long.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (13m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

lexismum03
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I had a dora one for my dd...She loved it..we used it for 2 years. If I had put her in it sooner(she co slept for the longest time. so she was 3) it would have lasted longer. She is pretty small still. She could still use it but we bought her a big girl bed!  As long as you put it together right its sturdy. We moved with her bed and everything!

3wonderfullboys
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:59 AM

We are doing the samething this weekend for my 2 almost 3 y/o, and I agree with you. 

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I never bothered getting one because i felt like they were a waste of money. They grow so fast and would not be in it long.  I just put my daughter in a regular twin bed and put up railings so she would not roll out of bed.

me-n-mygirls
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM

with my oldest we got one for her a little before she turned 2 yrs and she was in it for not even 2 yrs then it was to short.......so with our second she went straight to a twin bed. first a matress on the floor and now they have bunkbeds.

they are sturdy as long as you put them together good. if it does get loose you just tighten the screw. we moved a few times so it'd get loose when doing that but we just tightened it back up and it was fine. the only thing is she outgrew it from lenght. 

Proudmama2009
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

My daughter has the tinkerbell canopy toddler bed. The bed is sturdy I've caught my two year old and 5 year old (they are tiny girls though) jumping her my daughters bed. The canopy isn't that strong though. Atleast I don't think it is. My daughter and niece has already break the canopy part and we have the duct tape it together.. But you can't tell its duct tape because the canopy part is covering it.... I really like my daughters bed and she likes it as well (espcially since it's tinkerbell)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

We bought my son an entire bedroom suite, with a twin bed.

Why not get her a big bed and then Tinkerbell bedding? Toddler beds seem like just an extra transition and a waste of money.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Proudmama2009
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM
AlQuoting Proudmama2009M:

My daughter has the tinkerbell canopy toddler bed. The bed is sturdy I've caught my two year old and 5 year old (they are tiny girls though) jumping her my daughters bed. The canopy isn't that strong though. Atleast I don't think it is. My daughter and niece has already break the canopy part and we have the duct tape it together.. But you can't tell its duct tape because the canopy part is covering it.... I really like my daughters bed and she likes it as well (espcially since it's tinkerbell)

My daughter been in her toddler bed since she was 1 in a half.. and she is still in it she will be 3 in april

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)