Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids have sunglasses?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 31 Replies

When my son was a few months old, my mom got him 2 pairs of sunglasses. They were too big. Now he is 23 months and they fit. He doesn't seem to like them but I just tried putting them on him once. Usually he doesn't like stuff like this unless he puts it on himself.

How important are sunglasses for toddlers?

He loves to be outside and sometimes my eyes can't even take the sunlight so I worry about him.

^thats what I have

Thanks ladies!

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:26 AM

If he doesn't like them I don't think its a big deal... Will he wear a hat instead?

Pregnancy Ticker

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:35 AM

none of my kids wore sun glasses.. now my daughter is 4 and she always wants to wear my glasses more for style i will be getting her styleist sunglasses. 

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM

My son has eye problems and has to wear eyeglasses. His new pair are going to be transition lenses because his optometrist said it is important to protect the eyes from the sun especillaly because he does have some eye problems. If you can try and get him to wear them or a hat at least if he will not wear the sunglasses. Maybe if you make it like a game for him to wear them it might make it easier to get him to wear them. GOOD LUCK.

jmetz4
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

If he doesn't like them I don't think its a big deal... Will he wear a hat instead?

Not usually. Right after I posted this he took them and put them on but refused to put them on his eyes. lol Hats are hit or miss. If he doesn't like them he will scream if we get the hat near him. If he likes it then he'll put it on.

I don't know anything about toddler vision being affected by relatively bright sunlight so I didn't know if I should worry. First child so sometimes I think I worry too much.

kltaylor07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:43 AM

not anymore.  he broke them.  he calls them his "eyes"

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget the ones who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

jmetz4
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Quoting godsgirl26:

none of my kids wore sun glasses.. now my daughter is 4 and she always wants to wear my glasses more for style i will be getting her styleist sunglasses. 

That is cute...

dawnjohnson5
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Berklie is 2 and that girl loves her sunglasses.

jmetz4
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Quoting heidi749:

My son has eye problems and has to wear eyeglasses. His new pair are going to be transition lenses because his optometrist said it is important to protect the eyes from the sun especillaly because he does have some eye problems. If you can try and get him to wear them or a hat at least if he will not wear the sunglasses. Maybe if you make it like a game for him to wear them it might make it easier to get him to wear them. GOOD LUCK.

I have to wear glasses. I guess I just worry he will develop eye problems.

NavyWifey122305
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:46 AM

my son has had sunglasses since he was like 5 mo old. he is 2.5 now and is addicted to them like me HAHAHAHAHAHA we both have a zillion pairs

big smile miniI love editing photos ! If you would like one done send me a PM big smile mini

newjerzymom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting kltaylor07:

not anymore.  he broke them.  he calls them his "eyes"

OMG! what a cutie! Nah, my sd does occasionally but only because she looks cute in them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)