Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to feed a 9 month old?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son just turned 9 months old and the Stage 2 baby foods just aren't filling him up anymore.  And the stage 3 foods smell like crap, and he won't eat them at all.  He has no teeth yet and I'm curious as to what I can feed him without worrying about him choking.  Any ideas??

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vjwsecret
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

you can give him table food mashed up really well.

Proudmama2009
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM

mash potatoes (mashed really well) could you possibly chop up macoroni and cheese in tiny pieces.. umm like the pp said table food just smashed good

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Valerie429
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I agree with the smashed food idea, but if you are also looking for some snack ideas I would suggest checking out the gerber toddler foods.  The yogurt puffs pretty much melt in your mouth so no teeth required and it's something your little one can eat himself so it helps him develop his motor skills, yeah!

Valerie Haulottebutterfly

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

We started our babies on homemade baby food at 6 months and by 7 they were eating table food on their own.

Slices of banana, whole grain toast or pasta, steamed veggies, baked salmon, little sandwiches, buckwheat pancakes, kidney (or any other kind of bean)

Teeth don't matter because they have powerful jaws and saliva. The teeth that they would need to chew (molars) don't come in until closer to 18 months. My kids ate everything we did and they didn't get their first teeth until 11 or 11.5 months.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

BabyMadi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM

My DD loved bread. Just little pieces of the soft center.

Gailll
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Rice, beef, chicken, sweet potatos, yogurt, applesauce, wholegrain crackers.

http://www.kellymom.com/ has good info on feeding babies solids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)