Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice ....................................................................................

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

The thing is my husband doesnt seem to happy with going to work and his job is not a 5-8 job its whatever you make its what you make . you make your hours and the money . you make the time you get paid for what you do . what can i do to encourage him with out fustrating my self . because i dont make enough to do everthing by myself. what do you guys thik ?what can i tell him to get his butt moving?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BaileynMe
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I don't have any advice, but here's a bump. :-)

CullenLover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM

why doesnt he look into college courses ? im doing university of phoenix online for my medical billing and coding. and ask why he doesnt like his job.

Aamy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Either get working or get out would be my advice.

eeyoreslosttail
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

encourage him to keep going, but when he can to maybe look into something else. I KNOW it's hard to find a job right now. Trust me.. I'm looking. But maybe he will find something that he will be happier with. Good luck to both of you :) 

marshaam
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Well... the thing is whether you like your job or you dont like your job is irrelevent.... if that's all you've got and it brings in some money then you just have to deal with it... thats what I would tell him.  The majority of people do not like their jobs and do not like their hours.... but that doesn't mean you just can't go to work.. you gotta keep making money whether you like how you're doing it or not.  Maybe while he's working he can look for something he may like a little better.  Sorry I'm not much help.

Sweetheart08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM

he is in school. for law enforcement(criminal justice)

MILF062207
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Take a pic of your family minus him and give it to him.  Tell him to keep it on him!  That pic should be his motivation.  If his family isn't enough, then I dont know what will do it!

liz1986
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Tell him to look for something else while he's doing this job. Maybe he'll find something better. Sorry, I'm not much help either. DH hates being in the Army but he doesn't have a choice. 

Proud Army Wife to Tim 12.31.07
Mommy to Chris 06.21.05
Mommy to Anthony 07.24.07

army washing dishesbackpack toddler boy

aliek05
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM

remember to let him know you're thankful for what he does do.  its hard to keep pushing forward sometimes when you're both frustrated and have a long road ahead.  he'll feel more motivated being reminded that you need him and that you care.  always remember that you COULD be on your own, things COULD be worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)