Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am thinking of becoming a foster parent

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

If I do it would be a couple years down the road me and my family have some things we would have to get together before we do. Are any of you out there foster parents with any advice on getting started or good websites on the subject

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
awatson
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM

i dont know of any websites or anything but alot of times if you go talk to DFS they can give you names of other foster parents so you can talk and get advice from them so you can decide if its really something that you would want to do! I too would love to be a foster parent but i know that it would be hard! you never know what "stage" the child will be in and then getting attached and having to someday give them back. im just not sure if i would be able to give them back!!!!

mzieske
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

hey there, I am a fosterparent and have some very good resources if you would like to pm me I would be happy to help out.. best of luck..

I'm a God fearing, foster parenting, small town living, country music listening, scrapbooken, one failed adoption, kind of mom, who has been blessed to be married to my best friend since Feb 2007. Any questions just ask... ~Maggie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)