Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's gas stinks!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 13 wk old is very gassy.  The problem is, his gas smells terrible.  He smells worse than any adult!  I am breastfeeding and don't eat gasous foods.  He does get 3 oz of formula w/ his last feeding to get him thru the night.  I tried changing formulas, but this did not help.  He poops every 2-3 days. 
I asked his Dr about this, she said he was fine aslong as he's gaining weight and eating.  My daughter was not like this, and it can be very embarrasing at times.  When people hold him they think he has a poopy diaper, and I have to explain to them it's just gas.

If anyone has suggestions for me, please let me know!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RaggedyAnne
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM

You can give him drops for gases that's for babies, I don't remember the name you can ask the Pharmacist. Good Luck

newjerzymom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Awe... I wish I had a suggestion for you.  Hey, at least he's really cute!

Aamy
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

All kids are different. If he isnt sick and like the Pedi said if he is gaining weight like he should ........ there really isnt much you can do.

AliceV
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

He looks just like his father, I could start telling everyone he smells like him too!  LOL

CafeMom Tickers
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM

My son went through a stinky gas phase like that when he was an infant too.  It was truly offensive.  The pediatrician laughed when I brought it up at our well visit, so he obviously didn't find it concerning.  The gas eventually resolved and he hasn't been like that since -- thankfully.

hopeym23
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM

rolling on floorI have no ideas but that title made me chuckle! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)