Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your 4 y/o go swimming after just having her ears pierced??

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your 4 y/o go in a swimming pool and splash around after getting her ears pierced??

Options:

Yes

No

Other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

My 4 y/o dd just go her ears pierced this AM. I promised to take my other dd swimming this AM and the one will be super bummed if she can't go.  The gal that pierced her ears said swimming is fine as long as we dry her ears very well and clean them w/ the solution, the dr said it is not a good idea.

We would be going to a place where she won't be swimming but wading in water and splashing around, I think the water is zero depth to 2 feet deep.  What do you think??

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtonKeatonMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

If the Dr. said no, then I wouldn't do it.

giffer
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM

yeah, just clean them real good after.

giffer
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM

my daughter went swimming almost every day when she had hers done. it's not really any diff than the bath water. the cleaning solution even says to just clean them an extra time or 2 if they go swimming.

Quoting ColtonKeatonMom:

If the Dr. said no, then I wouldn't do it.

tattooed_mommy1
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM

i wouldnt do it, the chlorine is bad for them, and it will take longer to heal. you should listen to a doctor before listening to some chick without a piercing permit about something like that

sweetmoonem
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I answered "other".  I wouldn't let a 4-year-old get her ears pierced.  That's me, bash if you want, I couldn't care less, but I see no reason for a 4-year-old to have pierced ears.

It's not the meaning of life. It's the feeling of life.
babies

I am a passionate, extended-rear-facing, therapeutic-music-listening, happily married, dog-loving, Galant-driving, husband-charming, formula-feeding, housework-doing, traveling, Facebook-blogging, Dr. Phil-watching, stay at home mama with morals and heart.
I am a formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, pro-life, extended-rear-facing, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating, pro-epidural, babyproofing, SIDS-awareness-promoting, public-schooling momma to my beautiful and perfect son Miles, born 11-19-08!!!
dragonflylovr19
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Quoting sweetmoonem:

I answered "other".  I wouldn't let a 4-year-old get her ears pierced.  That's me, bash if you want, I couldn't care less, but I see no reason for a 4-year-old to have pierced ears.

I didn't do it for me :)  I let it be her choice and never pressured her.  Granted she is 4 but I fully explained that it would hurt and everything that would happen.  We waited a few weeks.  Her sister is 3 and didn't get hers done. 

Thanks tho :)

sweetmoonem
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Quoting dragonflylovr19:

Quoting sweetmoonem:

I didn't do it for me :)  I let it be her choice and never pressured her.  Granted she is 4 but I fully explained that it would hurt and everything that would happen.  We waited a few weeks.  Her sister is 3 and didn't get hers done. 

Thanks tho :)

You're welcome :)

It's not the meaning of life. It's the feeling of life.
babies

I am a passionate, extended-rear-facing, therapeutic-music-listening, happily married, dog-loving, Galant-driving, husband-charming, formula-feeding, housework-doing, traveling, Facebook-blogging, Dr. Phil-watching, stay at home mama with morals and heart.
I am a formula-feeding, disposable-diapering, pro-life, extended-rear-facing, non-co-sleeping, vaccinating, pro-epidural, babyproofing, SIDS-awareness-promoting, public-schooling momma to my beautiful and perfect son Miles, born 11-19-08!!!
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Keep her ears out of the water, and clean them thoroughly afterwards. The water can and will be very drying and damaging to the skin, so DO NOT let her head go under water. Keep them as dry as possible.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (13m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

aliek05
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:52 PM

of course!   any peircing thats properly cared for should heal with out problems.  cleaning is important but remember over cleaning can be bad

skisbufly1
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Quoting aliek05:

of course!   any peircing thats properly cared for should heal with out problems.  cleaning is important but remember over cleaning can be bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)