Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my 5 month old baby to say Mama!!!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:07 PM
  • 38 Replies

I cant get my baby to say mama and i really want him to say mama before he says dada. Any advise... :)

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvmy2pumpkins
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

he will say it when hes ready! cant force him. just keep talking to him. plus, they usually say dada before mama because the d sound is easier than the m sound.

NEWMOMOF1
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I'M SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS TRUE. MY 19 MONTH OLD SON HAS SAID MAMA SINCE HE COULD TALK.

Quoting iluvmy2pumpkins:

she will say it when shes ready! cant force her. just keep talking to her. plus, they usually say dada before mama because the d sound is easier than the m sound.

lexismum03
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM

my dd said mama to...I think its whomever they spend more time with or what you say more..if you are always saying lets talk to dada ect chances are dada will be first!

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

iluvmy2pumpkins
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM

i said usually..not always. my son said mama first, my daughter said dada. but i have heard and read this in multiple sources.

Quoting NEWMOMOF1:

I'M SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS TRUE. MY 19 MONTH OLD SON HAS SAID MAMA SINCE HE COULD TALK.

Quoting iluvmy2pumpkins:

she will say it when shes ready! cant force her. just keep talking to her. plus, they usually say dada before mama because the d sound is easier than the m sound.

ashleykilleen
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM

wow i think 5 months is a little too young to be pushing her first word already.

Give her time she will talk when she is ready.

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

ashtonsmommy311
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I take care of him all day,everyday and i always talk to him but it seems like he wants to say dada first. So i dont know if thats true but thanks for the advise. just hopefully he says mama first haha :)

loverbugsmommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM

this is not true my ds's father isnt in the picture and he said dada first, and i never say that... just cause they say dada they dont know what it means, they just say it cause its neat to them, its a new sound

Quoting lexismum03:

my dd said mama to...I think its whomever they spend more time with or what you say more..if you are always saying lets talk to dada ect chances are dada will be first!

I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM A BREASTFEEDING, BABY-WEARING, EXTENDED REAR FACING, CLOTH DIAPERING,  CO-SLEEPING, HARNESS USING, LOVING, CARING MOMMY

check out my store... called Loverbugs... diapers, babylegs, and more

http://hyenacart.com/Home2Home/

aprilwasson
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM

my 3 month old just said mama today. basically i just point to him and say his name then take his hand and point to me and say mama over and over lol. my 1st said mama 2nd said dada and now our son said mama. i was very excited!!! he is very early at sayin it. usually just when he is crying. he will whine a bit and look at me and say mama. he seems to be a quick learner at alot of the things hes doing. 

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:35 PM

you cant make him..he will in his own time

texas_robin82
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:36 PM

i just repeated it daily to my dd all day long. and after about 2 weeks she finally said it.. lol but her first word was actually baba

Robin

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)