Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaving your baby at a daycare

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

I want to start working but i really dont want to leave my baby at a daycare or with someone i barly know what should i do???

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lexismum03
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:23 PM

RESEARCH most states now have a list of daycares that meet certain criteria..also visit the ones you are interested in. Ask questions and most of all if you aren't comfortable with the place don't live your lo there...Daycare was the hardest thing I did with my dd. I didn't put her in one until she was 3! Good luck momma! 

And Wife of a soon to be Police officer!

bean06162004
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Find a daycare you're comfortable with. Interview, you will definitely get a feel for who you're comfortable with. AND if that one ends up not working out, don't get discouraged. When I moved up north I went through 3 daycares and never found the right one, I ended up moving back to the cities so my son could go to the daycare he and I both loved.

lifetimelove
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:16 AM

If you're not comfortable leaving your baby with someone else and you don't have to work, then don't.  Or find a part time job and leave baby with daddy and you can work while he's home.

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Quoting lexismum03:

RESEARCH most states now have a list of daycares that meet certain criteria..also visit the ones you are interested in. Ask questions and most of all if you aren't comfortable with the place don't live your lo there...

This. RESEARCH is very important when looking for a daycare.

Nenasam
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Do you have any mommy friends whom you could drop him your baby off with? any relative who live near by that would be available watching ur baby while you are working? how about your hubby?

I work part time, two days a week 8am-5pm.. hubby would try working on weekends if not my CIL would help us out by coming over to our house to watch him.. we do pay her good since we know our baby isn't getting any gems form other or deal ling with new environment..

if not, you should just be off staying home.. since they grow up really fast before you even knowe it lol..

2girlsMom.MN
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM

If you don't need to work then don't.

I've been on both sides of the fence. DD#1 was in one crap hole daycare after another while I worked. DD#2 I'm a stay at home mom with and things are just 100x easier, more relaxed, safer, and were all happier. Sure missing the money but money doens't always bring happiness I'd rather do without a few things and watch my children grow up. I want to raise my children myself.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Mish2575
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 5:50 AM
I was lucky. A woman I used to work with has a registered in-home daycare. It was tough leaving my 3mo old but have seen that he loves it and gets much more stimulation than I could give him alone. He is surrounded by toddlers all day and any parent can tell you that the best motivator for children to learn is watching/imitating other kids. And yes they'll be sick more often (especially the first year) but all my parent friends tell me that after that they have a super strong immune system and get sick less than stay at home kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)