Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section\tubal mommies!..possibly tmi

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

i have a quick question for you mommies that have either had a c-section or tubal ligation or both.  I had my 4th and final child in june.  he was born via csection thanks to placenta previa.  i also had my tubes tied at the same time.  now heres my question.  did your periods get heavier after?  mine used to be pretty much non-exsistant and now its awful.  any insight would be appreciated.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Yes, my periods were really heavy for about 1 year then they starting going back to normal.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

cornucopiapilgrim1pumpkin pie

wells75904
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I had 3 cs.....my periods never changed until I had my tubes tied....now they are beyond horrible I can barely get out of bed and my legs hurt so bad they feel like they have blot clots in them....I wish I would have never got it done

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

wells75904
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM

oh and I had my tubes tied over 2 yrs ago...and its not getting any  better yet :(

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

davidjames07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:44 PM

i had a c-section with my son, and i've always had heavy periods. I havent had my tubes tied yet, i would have if i was going to have twins, but since im only having one i dont want to regret my decision later.

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

mnmomaof4
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:44 PM

its not that its anymore painful.  I just feel like i bleed just like i did right after birth....i can barely use tampons its soo bad unless i change it like every hour.  its enough to make me crazy!!

MommyOnLI
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM

i have had 2 C sections, and with my last i got my tubal... i have had 3 periods since and my period normal, minor cramping but much less then before i was ever pregnant

icecoffee_lover
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I have had 3 cs and finally got my tubes tied after my third. My periods were fine untill after I got my tubes tied. They are very heavy and sometimes very painfull. Been like this for almost 2 years. I hope it gets better for you and for me.smile mini

nurbabe82
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I had a c-setion but not a tubal yet. when my mom had her tubal done her periods got bad. She roughed it out for years. Doubled over in pain massive blood clots, using super plus tampons and pads at the same time and would bleed thru both (sorry tmi).   

Kstahlhood
by Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I have had 2 c-sections. I got my tubes tied with my last. My periods are the same....I would possibly even say that they are slightly lighter. 

Unexpected but NOT an accident, Conceived in the mind of God, Image-bearer created for eternal destiny, Fashioned by His hand- and perfectly planned!

Araya Sunshine 10/26/2006

Benjamin Scott 1/14/2008

mna_823
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Yes, very heavy after my c-section, also heavy for 3 months after my IUD.  Since then I've only had spotting 2 times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)