Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 month old with no teeth but can crawl and pull herself up

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM
  • 20 Replies

My 7 month old has no teeth what so ever, Is this normal? She crawls and pulls herself up how soon after that do babies usually sttart walking?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:51 PM

LOL my son was the same. He was crawling and pulling up by 6 months. By 9 months he could stand straight up in the middle of the floor by himself but yet it took until the day he turned 9 months old for him to get his first tooth LOL I was happy though b/c I was BF him!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant Come join: TTC/Pregnant 2010 or 2011

NavyWife071710
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Thank you for that post. I thought my baby girl might just never have teeth. All my friends' children have had teeth for awhile now so I was worried. Its good t here other people's advice on these kinds of situations.

msswisher08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM

My son started crawind at 6mths and just stated walking at 1 year old and still only has 4 teeth. Just give it time every baby is diff. as long as your doc dont see anything wrong your fine.

giffer
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM

yeah, it's ok. my daughter got her first tooth at 7 1/2m & only had 4 when she turned a yr - the 4 in the front.

NavyWife071710
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Thank you both for your advice. This website is wonderful.

msswisher08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

and fyi its better when they dont have teeth lol that way when they do bite it dont hurt as bad i have MANY teeth marks on my hands and arms lol good luck!!!

amysue192002
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

My son will be 11 months on the 19th.  He barely received his first tooth 2 weeks ago, now he up to 3.  He is almost walking, so I believe it is totally different for every child.

CafeMom Tickers
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Don't sweat it, my youngest didn't get his first tooth until 11 months...his older brother cut teeth at 3 1/2 months.  As far as walking, my oldest walked at 9 mo and my youngest at 10 months.  She'll get there, mama :)

alt075
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:21 PM

An to keep it going my dd didn't cut her first tooth untill the end of her 15th month! They told me by 16 months if no tooth then we would get exrays done to make sure she had teeth in her jaw and see what was going on. The ped and dentist also said the later they get their teeth the better. They stay healthier and it takes longer for them to fall out. The later they get their permanent teeth the better. You can keep them healthier. :0)

gamijo
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Quoting alt075:

An to keep it going my dd didn't cut her first tooth untill the end of her 15th month! They told me by 16 months if no tooth then we would get exrays done to make sure she had teeth in her jaw and see what was going on. The ped and dentist also said the later they get their teeth the better. They stay healthier and it takes longer for them to fall out. The later they get their permanent teeth the better. You can keep them healthier. :0)

Ha! I was all ready to say I got everyone beat but you got me! lol My daughter's first tooth broke surface on the morning of her first birthday. I actually saw the little blood spurt up when it cut! lol She went an entire year with zero teeth but still managed to eat chicken, steak, whatever! lol But our problem now is exactly what you said! It takes longer for them to fall out and we need 6 more out! She had a pretty good underbite and has had expanders and whatnot in for a while now. We had to take the expander out and the next step is braces but she still has too many baby teeth. So now we have to sit and wait for them to get loose and fall out, the worst part is that her jaw might start going back soon and she'll have to go through it all over again! She's 10 now and pissed that everyone has lost most of their teeth but her. lol She'll live, I just hope we get those baby teeth out soon!

Oh, and teeth have nothing to do with development of any kind. But watch out, she'll be walking soon enough!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)