Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paraguard VS Mirena

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

Right after having my DD, I had Mirena put in and never stopped bleeding or cramping while I had it in. The cramping got so bad all I could do is lay in bed curled in a ball. I am currently Expecting #2 to be here at any time, and am trying to figure out what form of BC to use. I am bad about remembering to take pills, and gained a TON of weight on depo. I figured an IUD would be the best option... Would Paraguard be any different than Mirena?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
orange4agua72
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Nuva ring could be a good option for you. It's replaced every 4 weeks, 3 weeks in 1 week out. Not too hard to remember!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

bean06162004
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I have the Mirena in right now and I'm considering paraguard. Supposedly it has the same affects as Mirena with as much of the pain....but I'm not sure, I just don't know if I can trust something like that...it's a hard decision.

juju67
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I had the paraguard a few years ago. It was awful. It hurt all the time even when I would simply move. I'm not sure if it was inserted correctly or what the deal was. I had it removed and went back on the pill. Just wanted to share my experience....Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)