Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second baby question

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with my second child (a girl) and I was wondering if the second child comes quicker than the first. I was only in labor with my son for 14 hours and it only took 3 pushes to get him out. My poor doctor almost didn't have time to get her gloves on before his head came out. I'm not scared or anything just curious. Thanks in advance.

expecting girl

"He's my chance for redemption..."
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
seffiepoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Both my daughter's took around 12 hours. so i don't think the second one was quicker...

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I was induced first time, 10 hours of total labor which included almost 3 hours of pushing. 

2nd water broke, 17 hours of labor, much easier than the first, pushed just 45 minutes. 

North_of_Boston
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM

No way to tell...good luck. I had a 38 hour labor.

jsi
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:51 AM

first baby i was in labor 24 hours 46 minutes (8 lbs 10oz  21" long)

second baby i was induce due to size of baby tooo big (9 lbs 7oz  22" long) 12 hours

i think the first birth is tramatizing because its a huge shock to your body. the second baby i healed alot easier & faster. i was up & around as if i didnt even have a baby.

anyone hear about the 2 year old that helped deliver his moms baby at home? that so amazing. glad to hear everyone turned out ok. & that kids is so smart! i think he had a 3 year old brother there as well & he just sat there & cried. lol! poor baby!!! ~sorry, off topic, i know. lol!~

CafeMom Tickers
sarah_ruffner
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:32 AM

OK....let me start off with saying that I am quite possibly a freak of nature when it comes to labor and delivery, but I'll answer anyways and then you'll know what I mean.

1st child:  In active labor for about 1 hour, pushed for 5 minutes.  Total labor from first contraction to end:  2 hours tops

2nd child: Woke up at 5:00am soaked from water breaking.  Went to birthing center, told them I had to pee, and when I sat down, DS's head was coming out.......never even pushed. Total labor:45-50 minutes tops

3rd and 4th children: Induced: pitocin started at 12:56pm, water broke at 1:22pm, Baby A born at 1:41pm, Baby B born at 1:44pm..total labor less than one hour

5th child:  Put in hospital for highblood pressure.  Started me on cervadil(sp?).  Put it in at about 11pm.  Woke up at 1ish am in labor.  Midwife broke water at 1:30ish.  Delivered at 4:03am

My last was def. my longest but the ones before were obviously wayy faster!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)