Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ~ for a friend.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

My friend has a 14 month old - she sent me this message on myspace earlier "quick question taeler has had this really strange out break on her cheecks and no matter what i do it wont go away. do you have any idea what could be causing it?"

I asked what it looks like and if Taeler is otherwise sick.

This was her response "Its bright pink almost red with red spots on both cheecks and no other then that she seems perfect"

Any Ideas?

I'm Aubree (or Bree), I'm a 21 year old, formula feeding, non-circumcising,  non-vaccinating, occasionally co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, brutally honest, thinks children can call their step-parent "mommy" or "daddy" if that's what they choose, wife to Andy since 04/07, mommy to Delilah Renee since 12/07, Mommy to Elliot Jay since 08/09, and step-mommy to Brookelyn Lucille (born 09/05).

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TiredMommy6906
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM

No idea, but here's a BUMP!

cornucopia 

ATG499
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:37 AM

My 7 month old gets a red, bumpy rash on his chest and face from irritation because of drool, but at 14 months that probably isn't the case. Maybe it's an allergic reaction to something, maybe a new food or soap? Tell her to talk to her daughter's pediatrician about it. 

Jenn215
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM

My son gets something like that, but his is eczema. Some cases can be very severe but his is a mild case...it almost looks like he gets a sunburn just on his cheeks. I would call the Doc just to make sure though. :)

mdhogg25
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:05 AM

It could be a allergic reaction to something she may using? Has she tried anything new far as detergent, fruits, food, soap, etc. It could be anything. Aveeno and cortisone work really well for rashes.

Loving my life as a mommy...Tyler you me happy:-)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)