Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which decade do you remember the best?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:32 AM
  • 16 Replies

What was so memorable about it?

I remember the 80's the best because I was a teen in high school so I was exposed to all the wonderful music and fashion styles we had back then.  To this day I still listen to the music, but I hope none of the fashion makes a comeback...lol.

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beatlemama
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:37 AM

For me it was the 90's.  I was in college, then grad school.  I loved the music and certain songs are connected to memories from that time.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM

For me it was the 90's.  The music.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I would have to say the 70's.   I graduated HS in 1979.  I loved the 70's.  Hs was the disco era.  Saturday Night Fever came out around Christmas when I was a sophomore. 

gypsydancer7
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

For me it was the 90's. The music.

cleo1977
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM

i agree 70's rock...i graduated in 77'....music was the best...it kind of was the best of times it was the worst of times...

shebearncub
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM

80's for me and it was Definatly the Music! I have my 9 yr old dd listening to it now.....lol

Maddiesmommy123
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Definately the 80's...I was in High school and LOVED the 80's big hair bands....funny to see the "kids" and "teens" of today listen to it like it is "their" music!!
The 80's ROCKED, lol :) 

themountainmama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I grew up in the mid 60s and 70s.  I remember the 70s the most, but do recall a lot of the music of the 60s that my parents listened to.  I grew up on a mix of Sonny and Cher, Charlie Pride and Dean Martin in the mid/late 60s.  The 70s, wow, latch key kids, busing kids across town/integration, the bicentennial train and the world's smallest people getting married at the Ringling Brothers that same year, Barnum and Bailey Circus, adding fabric triangles to our jeans to make bellbottoms, TV dinners, babysitters who charged $.25 an hour, wearing my first pair of pants (not a dress) to school, wearing my first pair of jeans (oh my) to school, body suits and hotpants then disco clothes at the end of the decade, ear piercing coming into fashion, my parents having New Years Eve parties and how beautiful my mom was when she was a very young mom.     

PrydferthMenyw
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Quoting shebearncub:

80's for me and it was Definatly the Music! I have my 9 yr old dd listening to it now.....lol

My daughters do, too!  LOL....they ask me to put in my Duran Duran cd when we get into the car. I have a daughter who loves my INXS cd's, too.  Too funny!

PrydferthMenyw
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

Definately the 80's...I was in High school and LOVED the 80's big hair bands....funny to see the "kids" and "teens" of today listen to it like it is "their" music!!
The 80's ROCKED, lol :) 

Isn't it terrible how some of "our" songs are now being remade or some of the backbeats are being used in parts of new songs today?  I guess they know good music when they hear it...LOL.  I agree....the 80's rocked BIG time!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)